Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those people who bought aftermarket rims with oversized bores, did you guys buy hub cetric rings as well? cuz I was wondering if I should buy hub rings for my rims

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
for those people who bought aftermarket rims with oversized bores, did you guys buy hub cetric rings as well? cuz I was wondering if I should buy hub rings for my rims
[/b]
Yup. I bought mine from tirerack and they gave free rings.

The better idea is to buy rims that fit properly
[/b]
Not necessarily. Most aftermarket companies make rims in a 73mm hub bore. Its really simple to put in a hub ring spacer and make those rims a proper fit for a lot more models than it would be to make a smaller bore and have it NOT fit some models. A lot of the rims on tirerack which are listed in fitting the 6 have a 73 mm hub bore and come with hub rings to bring the hub bore down to 67.1mm

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
One lesson I learned about hub centric rings is to beware of the ones made of plastic or some sort of soft composite material. If you take your wheels off periodically or have someone else doing the same (the dealer for instance), the rings will take a beating.

I finally found a set of aluminum rings from discounttiredirect.com for $15. No problems to date (and several wheel removals and installations later).

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The better idea is to buy rims that fit properly
[/b]
Selecting a wheel with the proper lug pattern and offset is a proper fitment. Use of hub centering rings is highly recommended, allowing the wheel to be hub centric vs. lug centric (a less proper fitment). You will not find aftermarket wheels with your exact hub bore unless they are custom ordered, so by your reasoning, only original equipment wheels constitutes a proper fitment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
GreenNuggs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing