Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well right now im in full research mode of what to spend and how much to spend on getting the most horsepower for my buck .. new exhaust .. new CAI .. maybe new chip to go in .. any help or input would be greatly appreciated on this .. dont have all the money in the world but would love more horsepower .. like would an AEM CAI be better than a CP-E or a Mazdaspeed one work for me ???

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well right now im in full research mode of what to spend and how much to spend on getting the most horsepower for my buck .. new exhaust .. new CAI .. maybe new chip to go in .. any help or input would be greatly appreciated on this .. dont have all the money in the world but would love more horsepower .. like would an AEM CAI be better than a CP-E or a Mazdaspeed one work for me ???
[/b]
it's going to help if you let everyone know what type of 6 you have...

going to guess you have the v6, if so cpe is the way to go...

do some searching you will find exaust, minus headers, will not give you gains.
there are no real plug and play chips for this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a quick question also about the airbox mod .. does it add any type of performance or is it just for the sound ??

·
Registered
915 Posts
just a quick question also about the airbox mod .. does it add any type of performance or is it just for the sound ??
[/b]

AND its a good way to pop this cars cherry... do the whole thing eventuly and take out the resonator too, some bumper/fender well removal is needed, so if your scared you might want to wait.

first time that bmper is off its scary! :laugh: then you can start ripping it off in 5 minutes after about 3 times :sarc:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not to be as short as dabears2k, but that search thing does work really well for stuff like this. That being said, I bought the AEM CAI as I did not have over $500 to drop on an intake. Is the CP-E worth $500+? Most in here would say yes because of the MAF signal modifier that it comes with. Having seen related dynos for both, there is not that great of a difference in gain (as long as you go with a "cold air" and not a "short ram").

I've had my AEM CAI on for a couple of years now and it was night and day the difference in overall driveability that it gave my car!!! I spent $220 shipped and installed it myself in my garage in about an hour! I have not driven one with the CP-E, so I cannot testify to theirs for a comparison. I put that $300.00 that I had left over to good use, though! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts