Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
LMFAO!! And they just closed the beaches starting at 5pm tonight. People are going to be out at the stores just to get out. Mad props to you and hang in there! I know there are too many nasty rude people in Jax on a normal day let alone all of this BS.
Yes... I've been cutting meat around 34 years and never have I seen it like this. I literally cannot keep our case full. Heard today that the shipping company for box beef has jacked prices up to $42.00 per hundred units shipped. Packing house makes only around $1.42 per box.

·
Rally Racer
2,654 Posts
I am sheltering in place, since last Friday. Both my wife and I are working from home. I am trying to manage 100 students and about as many patients, (she is a teacher) We have young children and a 1000sq/ft "studio" style house, so, needles to say it has been a little enlightening. A blessing in an odd way as it has pulled the veil back on what is really important to me.

Anne Frank did it for 761 days, in a room that was just a fraction of what I have, so I gotta be able to figure it out, right?

Boo

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have plenty to keep me calm lol. Right before all this happened I started ordering audio equipment for my Avalanche and one of my great friends just gave me 3 monitors for the Avalanche as well as a monitor and a stand alone single din DVD player for the Mazda. These kids of mine are going to love trips in either of them once all this is over. They already love the ceiling mount monitor that's in the Mazda but it was ran off of a portable DVD player. Getting the single din in will kick ass and give me cds back!

Sounds like a fun project to keep you busy!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am calm and level headed.

I also believe we each need enough supplies to make it through a period of inability to get to the store.

Does that make me calm and level headed or a someone responding in panic.

I'm in that same exact boat and mindset so who knows? LOL

Reactions: DPAcpa

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maryland here and this covid19 has really put a damper on things but we just went into quarantine and I'm just using this time to fix the car, dial some stuff in, along with gretting it ready for paint
IMG_20200323_171939527.jpg

·
Registered
576 Posts
I work in an industry that is deemed "essential" (although no one will die if we don't make our products) so I am forced to come to work. I am taking every precaution but still I'd prefer to be working from home and not risking taking the bug home an putting my family at risk.
My 6 has been parked for about 8 months, was planning to start driving it in April so my 16 year old son would get more practice with stick shift but with the quarantine, I'll delay that a bit.
Did drive it last night to the gas station to fill it up and take advantage of gas prices, it was soo fun, I had forgotten how agile this little car is, my SHO is much faster but feels heavy, they call them land-yachts for a reason, the 6 feels light and provides a different driving experience.
I might redo the headliner in the next few weeks if I am able to find the right material at a reasonable price locally.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was going to order my headliner fabric from Ebay. There was 1 seller I was going to order from before all of this started but it was foam backed and they had several different materials to chose from. Personally I'm wanting black suede on the headliner as well as all of the pillar trim.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I was going to order my headliner fabric from Ebay. There was 1 seller I was going to order from before all of this started but it was foam backed and they had several different materials to chose from. Personally I'm wanting black suede on the headliner as well as all of the pillar trim.
I wouldnt do suede for the only reason of its hard to clean. Other than that, id use some seat vinyl.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
This whole thing is complete crap. We're all gonna get it folks. Deal with it. HCQ + either ZPAK or Doxycycline appears to work, and the sooner the better you take it if you get it. There IS data on whether HCQ works as a prophylaxis (there are ~3m Americans taking it for Lupus or RA) and the government knows damn well whether those people are showing up in ERs with the bug, but they're not admitting it. That means it works (our Democrats would be SCREAMING from the rafters if it didn't.)

It's bad if it hammers you, but those expecting a vaccine -- don't. There's never been a successful durable immunity coronavirus vaccine. Sure, someone might figure it out. Take the under on that; the same two promising it have promised an HIV vaccine for 40 years. Literally, the same two -- Fauci and Birx claim HIV as their "crowning achievements" on their resumes. Where is it?

BTW coronavirus are not "novel"; this one is, but not generally. They're responsible for a decent fraction of flus and colds every year.

They should tell high-risk people to shelter in place and drop the rest of the constraints. There's no actual crisis. The predicted health care overloads from the IHME model are outright frauds. They updated the model TODAY and yet overstated today's demand in Florida by more than 2x for beds. That's not a forward projection -- it's on the ground, right now, today. Any model that doesn't hit today's number when that's published and known isn't a model -- it's a scam. Not one member of the media called them on it yet the data is in everyone's face if you bother to look.

Further, the R value, that is, the number of people passed in each cycle, has been falling since before the lockdowns. That's now known as a fact in every state in the US. It's trivially easy analysis, yet nobody will bring it up.

Where are the people who can manage to add 2 + 2 in their head anymore?

There are none.

So we're told to sit at home and do, like good little people. What's next? Boxcars?

Fine by me. When they lift this -- all those folks who told me to sit at home and scolded will find that my wallet has permanently snapped closed. You had your chance to tell these charlatans they were full of crap and instead you hid under your desk. Now you look at everyone in the grocery store like they're literally walking death. How far away from just shooting them where they stand is that? Not far, is it? That could get ugly, eh? Bet you didn't think of that.

Probably didn't think of all the interconnected things either. You will. Something as simple as root canal in an abscessed tooth will become impossible to treat because the "not essential" factory that makes the bit that goes in the drill is closed, and the "not essential" foundry that makes the base stock for the factory that makes that bit is closed too. You don't need a root canal in 2 weeks, you need it now. Abscessed teeth used to kill people all the time, by the way. They will again if this insanity isn't stopped soon.

So be it -- enjoy the destroyed economy because it's not coming back. You've allowed public psyche and consumer sentiment to be permanently changed. The last time this happened, in the 1930s, 50 years later it was still impacting consumer behavior for those who lived through it. I know this to be true because both my parents were children of the Depression, and to the day they died it molded their view on investing, spending and even whether they were willing to go out for dinner.

The virus isn't the problem. Viruses have been on this planet for longer than we have.

We're the problem.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Those were a riot!
I briefly had a 95, which was a second gen and the last year offered with a stick. Great engine but the car's build quality left a lot to be desired. I gave it some tlc and prettied it up and sold it for a nice little profit of $1,200. This was it:

Reactions: DPAcpa

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
<snip>

The virus isn't the problem. Viruses have been on this planet for longer than we have.

We're the problem.
Although i usually disagree to a point to your usual wall'o'text posts, this one was spot on. Wheres the panic of SARS, Ebola, Ziki, H1N1, Swine flu etc etc etc etc??? Why do these ALWAYS come up on an election year? Im far from a conspiracy theorist, but, with all the shitake Trump has been uncovering for our benefit, you cant possibly convince me the leaders of this country havent had an agenda for DECADES to make us so complacent, subservient and overall lazy so that we voluntarily give up our God given rights as protected by the Constitution.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts