Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How you like my blue reverse light :D'

Hey

Nice to see people from Sydney

Is it hard to put brake light in the center reflectors ??

Does it look better to make the light when you brake or have them as driving lights.

Cheers

Nilanga

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: How you like my blue reverse light :D

Yeh i reckon it would look better if the center reflectors light up when break and also driving lights :) cos ive seen some ppl driving the 6 at night and i was behind the dude .. i just think it would really look much better when all 4 lights up at night :)

yeh i forgot to mention that i will have it done which act as break light also driving light at night too ... to match the ones on the sides

im not sure if it's hard to do or not .. but i guess it would involve some work ... take off the trim and get those wires in ... also u need to drill holes at the bak of the reflectors as they do not have any hole at the back for socket...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I don't get why it's illegal here. You can have any color light but blue. Is it because cops use blue lights or something? grr...

·
Registered
461 Posts

xeno, dont wanna be a party pooper, but would that be illegal even in Aus?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i assume it would be illegal .. but really .. u dont often reverse ur car so i guess i just take my chance...

·
Registered
7 Posts

You can't have blue or red lights in the US because thats the same color emergency vehicles use.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Green leds in the front looks good.

And that. VERY nice but it looks very illegal :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Originally posted by ozmer

You can't have blue or red lights in the US because thats the same color emergency vehicles use.[/b]
Um, I hate you break it to you, but saying that you can't have red lights on a car borders on... I'm not going to say it. If you just go back and read that statement, I think you'll see what I mean. (Brake lights anyone?) :D

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

I don't get why it's illegal here.  You can have any color light but blue.  Is it because cops use blue lights or something?  grr...[/b]
Well in Ontario, that is illegal because blue is the the colour of the lights for snow removal vehicles.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

Originally posted by ozmer

You can't have blue or red lights in the US because thats the same color emergency vehicles use.[/b]
Um, I hate you break it to you, but saying that you can't have red lights on a car borders on... I'm not going to say it. If you just go back and read that statement, I think you'll see what I mean. (Brake lights anyone?) :D [/b][/quote]

I think ozmer meant you can't use them as reverse lights.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Blue is illegal because cops use that color.

Although, who exactly is going to catch you backing up?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I dunno, but if it happens, you're busted. It's kind of like tint, you can get a 10% limo tint if you want, as long as you're willing to take the risk.

·
Registered
272 Posts

The United States has some of the dumbest laws I have ever heard of.

You know it is a law in Ohio to honk if you drive through a yellow light. Yep. Ohio has so many damn speed traps too.

My friends Dad actaully submitted a design for the Ohio quarter with cop and radar gun with the word "Gotcha!" under it. If he can find it I will post the picture of it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: How you like my blue reverse light :D

Yeah, my cousins live in Ohio; the cops are a bit overzealous there...

·
Registered
272 Posts

There is this steep downhill in the Ohio river valley. A asshole cop was using radar on it. Seriously, its a bunch of crap. That is how I got my first ticket, radar on a steep down hill. I understand that its not an excuse but its pretty cheap if you ask me.

·
Registered
793 Posts

Nice yah its illegal but really just as long as you dont back into a cop u should be fine i like that. Tell me what did you do? i mean how

1 - 20 of 40 Posts