Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well done mate. Post up the before and after videos when you can. Adding to the knowledge base, that's what I say.
Expect the video to be out on the 23rd! I will make a separate thread with the detailed breakdown, cost and video!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can you post a video clip? and a pic of factory res tube/inside?
I'm currently editing and piecing together the footage on the whole install process and sound clips so it'll be up next Monday, sorry about the wait!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm currently editing and piecing together the footage on the whole install process and sound clips so it'll be up next Monday, sorry about the wait!
Awesome dude thanks, if you can also get some pictures even of the stock exhaust that would be super helpful as well.

I was actually debating for a while what I should do with my exhaust but I think i'm happy enough with how it sounds stock. it's a simple well designed system...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Awesome dude thanks, if you can also get some pictures even of the stock exhaust that would be super helpful as well.

I was actually debating for a while what I should do with my exhaust but I think i'm happy enough with how it sounds stock. it's a simple well designed system...
For you and anyone else wondering how it sounds!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Harsh piece of advice: kill the crap music. Or at the very least, monitor the level of it when publishing. I HATE having to ride the volume on nearly EVERY video like this. Its like you guys dont watch your own stuff or dont notice the voice going from "whisper" to the music "FESTIVAL LEVEL".

Personally, i really dislike vidoes with fill music in them and will go out of my way NOT to watch them, life doesnt have fill music, so either edit the quiet bits out, or just let them be.

Since this is the first vid of yours i watched and only cause its linked here, my only other advice is, try to have a little bit of a script to lessen the "um, uh, yea" out of your speech, youll come off a LOT more professional even when speaking off the cuff. Other than that, i really cant complain about the vid or content or your efforts.

On to the car, honestly, i couldnt tell if it was the mic or the mufflers, but it sounded choked still. The real measurement of a resonator would be to drive around town and on the highway to see if it drones or not, cause while people might say "hey that sounds good when you pass" living with it inside your car is the main use of it. The plus side is you prob gained close to 3hp from dropping all that weight lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Harsh piece of advice: kill the crap music. Or at the very least, monitor the level of it when publishing. I HATE having to ride the volume on nearly EVERY video like this. Its like you guys dont watch your own stuff or dont notice the voice going from "whisper" to the music "FESTIVAL LEVEL".

Personally, i really dislike vidoes with fill music in them and will go out of my way NOT to watch them, life doesnt have fill music, so either edit the quiet bits out, or just let them be.

Since this is the first vid of yours i watched and only cause its linked here, my only other advice is, try to have a little bit of a script to lessen the "um, uh, yea" out of your speech, youll come off a LOT more professional even when speaking off the cuff. Other than that, i really cant complain about the vid or content or your efforts.

On to the car, honestly, i couldnt tell if it was the mic or the mufflers, but it sounded choked still. The real measurement of a resonator would be to drive around town and on the highway to see if it drones or not, cause while people might say "hey that sounds good when you pass" living with it inside your car is the main use of it. The plus side is you prob gained close to 3hp from dropping all that weight lol.

Appreciate the feedback, I will definitely consider reducing the addition of music in the videos. The awkwardness and filler words come from me not feeling natural while filming so yeah that would have to go away with time.

Also, I've had the resonator for about a week and it sounds really good in cabin, outside of the car and during shifts/redline.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yea, it takes time and practice to overcome public speaking issues, which is why i suggested a script or outline, cue cards etc to help. The hardest part is removing "uh, um, er, ah" from your "use file" as it were lol.

After seeing how damn big it is, il probably cut the entire thing off from the cat on back and put a couple "cherry bombs" inline replacing the whole thing and a center tip. Should shave close to 40#.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts