Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this being my first post I would like to say hey to everybody and I look forward to being a part of this forum :thumbup:

Now that that's done I have a 2 part question regarding the setting of the clocks on my '10 6. I just bought the car saturday afternoon (and a new 3 for my wife) and when we tried to setup the bluetooth, the microphone couldn't pick up any sound. So I took it in today for service and after about 6 hours they had fixed that and all was well. Now, on my way home the Nav went stupid and kept insisting I was 10 miles EAST of a highway that I was clearly on. So I get home and re-calibrated it...hoping that takes care of it, during all that I noticed my clock on the info center was almost half an hour fast, and the clock on the nav is displayed like this --:--

So after consulting the owners manual (which referred me to the nav manual), neither one worked....and no matter how many times I tried to change the clock nothing worked.

Needless to say I am kind of disappointed with mazda right now and any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. By both me and the dealership, because if I can't get it before tomorrow they are gonna get a VERY discourteous call from me

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hi Super. Welcome to the forums.

To adjust the clock, tap the MENU button on the right side of the display. There should be a list of options and one of the is CLOCK. Tapping the + or - for hour & minute will adjust it.

I thought the time was supposed to be set by the GPS signal. Just a thought . . . If your position is way off and the clock isn't setting properly, maybe there's an issue with the system receiving the GPS signal? Antenna? Hardware?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Super. Welcome to the forums.

To adjust the clock, tap the MENU button on the right side of the display. There should be a list of options and one of the is CLOCK. Tapping the + or - for hour & minute will adjust it.

I thought the time was supposed to be set by the GPS signal. Just a thought . . . If your position is way off and the clock isn't setting properly, maybe there's an issue with the system receiving the GPS signal? Antenna? Hardware?
Hmm, I didn't think of the GPS signal being out of whack, because it worked fine when we drove it home, and then after they removed everything to track down my microphone problem it was working good for about the first half of my drive home and then it went goofy

Well, I just got off the phone with my service manager at the local dealership, and he informed me that the GPS will go retarded after the battery is disconnected (should have told me that yesterday :rolleyes:) and that I need to drive at least 2 hours before the unit should be able to acquire the signal from the satelites. :huh:

He also had no idea about setting the clock on the info center, and its starting to piss me off, I need at least 1 accurate clock in my car.

So far I am very unimpressed with this car. I like the actual car and the power is nice and its a solid car, but electronically :thefing::thefing:

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts