Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=11887]Haha.. okay i'm kidding about the sticky tape. I've attached a pic - ITS NOT MY CAR - i'm just using it 'cause it helps... but i forget which user did this install so I can't ask him how he secured his amp rack and sub box to the sides of the trunk.

Any ideas would be appreciated... i'm still in the ideas stage of designing my system.

Lockie.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! If I did it, it would have to be stronger than that (I think)

I was thinking something like fabricating a bracket from a strip of steel.. but I dont know how/where i'd bolt it to the side of the trunk.. i dont want to have to weld mounts or anything...

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Thanks for the reply! If I did it, it would have to be stronger than that (I think)

I was thinking something like fabricating a bracket from a strip of steel.. but I dont know how/where i'd bolt it to the side of the trunk.. i dont want to have to weld mounts or anything...
[/b]
Actually I have seen some boxes held with double sided velcro. You'd be surprised on how this holds! In my old car, I had doublesided velcro on a few of my bazooka tubes. But the amps were permanently mounted/drilled (by an installer, not me). Are you planning to keep the spare in your trunk?

Hope that helps!
:drive:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
the user who's system that is is tyroneshoes, or something along those lines. He probably screwed those into the sheetmetal supports on the sides of the trunk. That's how I secured the fiberglass boxes I made for my buddy.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
there are all kinds of metal braces under the trunk liner. on the driver's side be sure you don't drill into the fuel lines. i know some DIYers don't like drilling/screwing but it's necessary if you don't what your work sliding all over the place. prior to screwing double check for factory electrical wires, fuel lines, etc.

i have a small board held with three screws on the passagner side. worked well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts