Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My sister just bought a beautiful 2016 Mazda 6, but she has two interior issues and one exterior issue.

The first interior issue is that when playing a CD she likes to be able to rewind the track just a bit if she wants to hear a certain part over again. She told me she is disappointed there is no way to do that like she could do in her previous car, a Saturn. Does anyone know a way she can rewind perhaps ten seconds of a song when playing a CD?

The second interior issue is that when in Drive, she cannot use the touchpad on her display but has to use knobs in the console to work the navigation screen for GPS, songs, etc. Is there a way that she can get around that? I know other vehicles allow a person to work the touchpad with their fingers while in Drive instead of having to fumble with knobs.

Please help. Right now she is disappointed in her car, and I want her to love it. If we could get these two interior issues and the one headlight exterior issue (that I posted in the exterior section) figured out, she'd love it! And I would be happy to see her happy!

Thanks, in advance, for any advice! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
For rewinding, usually the <<SEEK & SEEK >> can be used for rewinding or forwarding seconds in a song; is that not the case on the 2016 Mazda6?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The second interior issue is that when in Drive, she cannot use the touchpad on her display but has to use knobs in the console to work the navigation screen for GPS, songs, etc. Is there a way that she can get around that? I know other vehicles allow a person to work the touchpad with their fingers while in Drive instead of having to fumble with knobs.
That's an intentional safety lockout in the software. Yes it is possible to overcome and disable the lockout, but requires advanced technical steps - including connecting a laptop to the car itself. If you want to give a shot, the instructions are here: How to disable speed limitations on infotainment - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums (Yes, it's a Mazda 3, but the infotainment system is the same.)

If someone tells you that you need to cut wires, don't do that. The fix is entirely in software. However - the software fix is almost as dangerous as cutting a wire - you have full and complete access to destroy your car's infotainment system if you do something wrong. YMMV, I take no responsibility, etc etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies! My sister was able to get it to rewind and FF by pressing "Seek," so that is good news. We have not tried anything on the Infotainment System yet. Again, thanks for the suggestions! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's an intentional safety lockout in the software. Yes it is possible to overcome and disable the lockout, but requires advanced technical steps - including connecting a laptop to the car itself.
now it simple (credits to mazda3revolution.com guys) i mod my CMU with USB , now I have custom background , touchscreen in motion, Flac support and even videoplayer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts