Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but could not find anything similar. My left low beam lamp is not working, I want to replace both corners, but seem to not be able to do so. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
There is a circular cap in the far corners of the engine bay. Twist the cap and remove it. Once inside, there is a metal clip holding in the light. Remove the power wire and unclip the clip. THen pull out the light. Reverse to install

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
^^what he said^^

have fun with the driver's side headlight!! it has the least amount of room of the two to work with, but it's rally not that hard. the difficult part about it is that damn metal clip :D

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
have fun with the driver's side headlight!! it has the least amount of room of the two to work with, but it's rally not that hard. the difficult part about it is that damn metal clip :D
[/b]
Odd. I thought the driver's side was easier because I took out the airbox and had plenty of room to play with. The passenger side, on the other hand...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i didn't do it, as i didn't really think anything of it for just replacing the headlight. i thought it was too much work for a bulb. i have only changed out the light one time. the next time it happens my headlights are coming off for the retro.

·
Registered
978 Posts
some directions and some picsinstalling low beams

that clip was a bitch, but with a mirror, it is easier to see what you're doing. hope this helps!

·
Registered
434 Posts
unlesss u got some small ass hands to work with, take off ur bumper to do it, itll save u the pain and agony. its good to know how to take apart ur front bumper anyway for future mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
ChrisUK
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing