Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a polich or something that will remove or mask the scuff marks from people hitting thier shoes on the bottom of the door panel?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: How to remove those anoying scuff marks on the door panels

Better question - why are those things so darned high??

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

clarification: on the door it self not the kick panel. Ya know where the pocket is to hold things

·
Registered
895 Posts

oh that? I don't really have many scuff marks on that.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Maybe some amorall wipes?

·
Registered
895 Posts

If you meant to say Armorall wipes ...

NO!

Armorall is crap, any detailer will tell you the same.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How to remove those anoying scuff marks on the door panels'

Originally posted by Arcanlaw

NO!

Armorall is crap, any detailer will tell you the same.[/b]
Crap why? I've used it on every new car i've had..The dash etc still looks brand new after 7 years...Hmmmmm:sarc

·
Registered
251 Posts

try Trim Shine by stoner products. I use this in my detail bay and it shines like armorall but it isn't greasy because it has a non-silicone base and it is also water base. As armorall is oil base. It also cleans as well, it doesn't just glop all over your dirt and dust.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Armorall will also clean the surface a bit too well at times - aka, clean the finish / paint right off after repeated use. Search classic cars forums, they'd rather drink Armorall then use it on their cars.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I was at a car show with the Miata and a Meguiar's rep was handing out samples of their EXTRA all surface cleaner. Gave a few packs to my son-in-law he said it did a great job cleaning up the marks on his F150.

I'm not a fan of ArmorAll products but their Multi-purpose cleaner seems to be a good product. Really did a nice job cleaning up the interior of an old 88 Festiva I was selling a few years back.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Plexus is what Armor All wishes it was.

This can be found at any decent motorcycle shop. Honda makes their own as well, in case you don't find it straight away. It comes in an aerosol can. Spray on, wipe with a cloth, NOT paper towel. It won't 'fill' scratches, but makes things much less noticeable looks really good and clean. It dries with no residue, no odor and it doesn't attract dust or create static electricity. It leaves a 'factory' look, if you know what I mean.

To give you an idea of how clear it wipes/dries, I use it on my helmet faceshields so I can see. I use it on virtually any plastic surface and simply swear by it.

For those scratches that have turned 'white', as plastic will do when really scuffed, I've had good luck with this:

http://www.wellworthproducts.com/products/.../carbeauty.html

It says for rubber - but read the can. Spray a very thin layer of this on and those white scratches go by by.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by ozzie

NO!

Armorall is crap, any detailer will tell you the same.[/b]
Crap why? I've used it on every new car i've had..The dash etc still looks brand new after 7 years...Hmmmmm:sarc [/b][/quote]

Me too *shrug* and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I aint about to change now.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Armorall will also clean the surface a bit too well at times - aka, clean the finish / paint right off after repeated use.  Search classic cars forums, they'd rather drink Armorall then use it on their cars.[/b]
Gotta agree on this one. I used Armorall in my old Honda and it did a great job of taking some of the finish off, denoted by the discoloration of the towel I used to wipe with. I wasn't too concerned with that car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'How to remove those anoying scuff marks on the door panels'

I can vouch for how shit Armorall is. I used it on my old Skyline and it just sucked the colour out of the black plastic dash. It gave the surface a dull grey washed look. I'll only use Meguires on any of my cars now.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by binksj

I can vouch for how shit Armorall is.  I used it on my old Skyline and it just sucked the colour out of the black plastic dash.  It gave the surface a dull grey washed look.  I'll only use Meguires on any of my cars now.[/b]

Well i guess each to their own, I havent had any problems at all in the 10+ years i've used it.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts

I think I may have an answer for the scuff marks let whoeva is a passanger in your car know you'll cut their feet off if they put em' anywhere but on the floor board of your car! :whip

1 - 20 of 35 Posts