Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some carbon fiber vinyl for the heck of it to see how I would like it on the interior.

I want to wrap the hard plastics so the interior will have a nicer feel to it. I can easily take apart the center, but I'm having trouble with the doors.

How do I remove the plastic around the window controls? I have tried taking out the screw and just yank on it. It didn't work.

Would I have to remove the whole door panel?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I got some carbon fiber vinyl for the heck of it to see how I would like it on the interior.

I want to wrap the hard plastics so the interior will have a nicer feel to it. I can easily take apart the center, but I'm having trouble with the doors.

How do I remove the plastic around the window controls? I have tried taking out the screw and just yank on it. It didn't work.

Would I have to remove the whole door panel?
You are correct. You gotta remove the door panel to remove them (safely). I have read a thread where somebody just pulled em' out....but I wouldn't risk it. There are multiple threads on how to remove the door panel. Doesn't look too hard. Just time consuming.
So, I say....
Do it...and take lots of pictures for us!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. You gotta remove the door panel to remove them (safely). I have read a thread where somebody just pulled em' out....but I wouldn't risk it. There are multiple threads on how to remove the door panel. Doesn't look too hard. Just time consuming.
So, I say....
Do it...and take lots of pictures for us!
How well do you think it will turn out if I just try to wrap it without taking it out? haha

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
How well do you think it will turn out if I just try to wrap it without taking it out? haha
Would all depend on your skill level & patience IMO. Personally, i wouldnt try it with them installed.

Good to know that i need to pull the panels to get those pieces off. I need to paint mine to complete my interior project. Went to the back burner lol.

I agree about proceeding & taking pics to share!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Would all depend on your skill level & patience IMO. Personally, i wouldnt try it with them installed.

Good to know that i need to pull the panels to get those pieces off. I need to paint mine to complete my interior project. Went to the back burner lol.

I agree about proceeding & taking pics to share!! :yesnod:
This. I'd put in the extra effort and pull them so you can fold/tuck the wrap under the visible edges so you don't end up with jagged looking visible cuts.
@Mr.Smoke always knows best! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Taking the door panels off is not too hard (be careful on the passenger's side though, the window switch wiring is super tight and it's easy to break the switch off entirely). Just get the plastic tools, the rest of the trim pops right off from the inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts