Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
just spray go-gone ontop of the guard and then just use a credit card to get between the guard and the door. then just rub off excess goop with a rag and more go-gone. my car is an 03 and it was hands down the easiest mod i've done so far.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i just heated it up and used a credit card to scrape it off. once they were off i rubbed down the area with goo gone.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm going to keep my Door guards on.....but in case if I did take these off, (Just Curious)....I have a 2003, What about paint fade? Good Idea?

thanks
Neal S.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
how hard is it to remove the door gaurds, is it held on with adhesive?[/b]
Any chance your door guards are chrome? I'll buy em' if they are...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Not to scare anyone away from this but iirc, there was someone on this board that removed theirs and found out their 6 had been painted. But, like I said, iirc and it's rare. My 2 cents.

They're relatively easy to remove.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Not to scare anyone away from this but iirc, there was someone on this board that removed theirs and found out their 6 had been painted. But, like I said, iirc and it's rare. My 2 cents.

They're relatively easy to remove.[/b]
I remember that thread. If I remember correctly they bought it used too... My fear was that the paint would come ripping off with it.. lol...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I used my blockbuster card :p at the beginning to cut thru, and when I had like 5 inches off I just pulled the whole thing carefully, maybe it was because it's an '06 but they came off really easy and didnt leave any tape residue which was awesome since I didnt have goo-gone. I didnt have to heat up anything either and the weather didnt help either since the temp was around 70 degrees.

They're flexible, so I dont think they'll break easily if you pull them like I did.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Here is my how to:

Wait until it is just about dusk
Find a nice road next to a wide open field
Wait until you see a Deer getting close to the road
Step on it
Hit it
Take it to the body shop
Ask them to remove them while its in there
Wait 3 weeks
Then pick it up
If your lucky they work that into the price of the repair :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
def remove the door guards...looks soo good...i havea 03 and there's no paint fade at all...i did it when it was like 40 deg. outside...just wipe excess off with some goo gone or wd 40 or something like that

·
Registered
128 Posts
i know this is a pretty old subject but if you took them off and decided you wanted them back how could you do that just wondering cause i was thinkin of takin mine off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Make sure that as you take them off they are not dropped on the floor... Yeah, cuz dirt, grass and shit will get stuck in there... I learned the hard way, but I'm not planning on putting them back on... :mellow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.