Mazda 6 Forums banner

How-to remove and replace your armrest M6/MS6

30K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Archerfish 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the How-to remove and replace your armrest leather cover with an aftermarket one....
This is before : factory black leather armrest..

:D some of the pics i forgot to rotate it before edit, so bare with it...

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5 :
Once you done the armrest should look like this:

Step 6:

Put everything back in reverse order and you will have a nice lovely looking armrest cover....

Enjoy.......

Admins/Mods : feel free to move this to the right section...

Ben

See less See more
#4 ·
wow you have the cleanest b/w interior ive ever seen. gj

#5 ·
Looks great! where did you get it?

#7 ·
QUOTE (Qwik6 @ Sep 14 2009, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1600941
Looks great! where did you get it?[/b]
I think he got it from this place HERE

I was actually looking at the same shift boot & ebrake combo. I forgot to get a shorter shift boot when I put the stage II in, so mine is a bit saggy :/
They sell them in stock height, as well as 1" shorter boot for the stage II. They sell the armrest cover there as well. They sell them separately, or as combo packages. If this is the right one, it's $109 for the shift boot, ebrake cover, and armrest.
There is no option to select Mazdaspeed6, just 2004+ Mazda6, but it looks like they are the same.

Blockhead, can you confirm this? & Thanks for the How To for the armrest cover!

#8 ·
QUOTE (dougefresh_ @ Sep 15 2009, 09:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1600987
I think he got it from this place HERE[/b]
yes that is where i got it from....

There is no option to select Mazdaspeed6, just 2004+ Mazda6, but it looks like they are the same.

Blockhead, can you confirm this? & Thanks for the How To for the armrest cover![/b]
yes they are the same.....

if you want to get the same one like mine or opposit
order : "black"- primary and "white"-- secondary or "white"- primary and "black"-- secondary...
and choose the stiching color you want or same as the leather color...

QUOTE (ZOOMZOOM43)
beautiful!!! great DIY[/b]
QUOTE (wiley1)
Cars is really coming along now block.........its really looking awesome.[/b]
QUOTE (Qwik6)
Looks great! where did you get it?[/b]
QUOTE (superskaterxes)
wow you have the cleanest b/w interior ive ever seen. gj[/b]
QUOTE (Jus10)
Good job block, looks really good.[/b]
Thank you Fellas.... :p

#11 ·
QUOTE (block8head @ Sep 15 2009, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1601125
yes that is where i got it from....

yes they are the same.....

if you want to get the same one like mine or opposit
order : "black"- primary and "white"-- secondary or "white"- primary and "black"-- secondary...
and choose the stiching color you want or same as the leather color...[/b]
Cool, thanks Ben!! I love the fact that I get to see exactly what it would look like in my ride!! Perks of having the two-tone! haha

Looking Sharp! :cool:

#12 ·
#13 ·
GOD! thank you....got my armrest cover a few days ago,and its been dring me crazy where those 2 screws were.
i hate to break stuff, and all the old posts i found on it with google ,pics had been removed.
awesome, thanks ! car looks great btw!

#14 ·
QUOTE (synthetic9000 @ Sep 15 2009, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1601220
GOD! thank you....got my armrest cover a few days ago,and its been dring me crazy where those 2 screws were.
i hate to break stuff, and all the old posts i found on it with google ,pics had been removed.
awesome, thanks ! car looks great btw![/b]
you're welcome......

#16 ·
bump

#17 ·
Old post, but Ben that's one incredible interior!

I've been looking for a way to switch out the old grey armrests on the door because they're very ugly and super uncomfortable with my long commute every day.

Anyone have any leads to how/where I could get new door armrests, possibly like Ben's above, but for my 1st Gen 6s?

#18 ·
Old post, but Ben that's one incredible interior!

I've been looking for a way to switch out the old grey armrests on the door because they're very ugly and super uncomfortable with my long commute every day.

Anyone have any leads to how/where I could get new door armrests, possibly like Ben's above, but for my 1st Gen 6s?
Try junk yards to see if they have any. :p

#24 ·
Why do you need pictures to tell you where screws are that you need to remove? Its not that hard...

Oh, they are blurred cause Photobucket sucks and wants money.

#25 ·
It is actually an excellent guide, particularly for those who will be doing it for the first time and have very little skills when it comes to this kind of job.

The guide is like the one in the exploded view of the air compressor and fuel purifier maintenance manual that I previously used. It tells you which bolt to remove first and when to turn certain things. Doing it otherwise will surely destroy it considering some bolts are "hidden" at first glance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.