Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I want to get a remote starter for my car. I have an 2004 Mazda 6s with a manual transmission.

So here is my two questions.

1: What would be a good remotes start for the manual trans. It doesn't have to be that fancy, it just has to get the job done.

2: Is there a how-to out there on how to wire it up.

I try searching for over 15 minutes and didn't get anywere. Please let me know what would be best to do.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey Guys,

I want to get a remote starter for my car. I have an 2004 Mazda 6s with a manual transmission.

So here is my two questions.

1: What would be a good remotes start for the manual trans. It doesn't have to be that fancy, it just has to get the job done.

2: Is there a how-to out there on how to wire it up.

I try searching for over 15 minutes and didn't get anywere. Please let me know what would be best to do.
[/b]
there are several remote start systems out now for a mtx, I know compustar makes one. As far as a how-to, you're going to find that extremely difficult to find because as far as I know, there isn't one. I installed a VIPER 791XV on my 2003 Mazda6 mtx. This alarm is not mtx safe, so if I remote start in gear, the car is moving, although I have yet to do this in a year and a half. I can help you out with questions as far as while you are installing it, but to simply write up a how-to would take forever and would be extremely long and somewhat difficult. It took me a lot of time to do my install as I really had no clue as to what I was getting into. I learned a lot and finally got it done though.

·
Registered
703 Posts
there are several remote start systems out now for a mtx, I know compustar makes one. As far as a how-to, you're going to find that extremely difficult to find because as far as I know, there isn't one. I installed a VIPER 791XV on my 2003 Mazda6 mtx. This alarm is not mtx safe, so if I remote start in gear, the car is moving, although I have yet to do this in a year and a half. I can help you out with questions as far as while you are installing it, but to simply write up a how-to would take forever and would be extremely long and somewhat difficult. It took me a lot of time to do my install as I really had no clue as to what I was getting into. I learned a lot and finally got it done though.
[/b]

You know there is an OEM nuetral safety switch on the MTX transmission. It's tied into the cruise control so if your shifter gets knocked out of gear while cruise is on, the nutral safety switch will close the circuit, cut the cruise off so the car wont over rev.

In short, tie the neutral safety switch wire of the 791XV to the OEM neutral safety switch wire, and the car will ONLY remote start with the car out of gear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the actual install isnt that bad ignition wiring is right there under the dash, parking lights and door triggers are in the driver kick. Door locks require a 1k ohm resistor inline with lock. Other than that, its pretty straightforward. You can grab a valet key to drop inside the remote start bypass module, and loop it around the key cylinder. I used relays on my door locks to give it a stronger pulse, or you can grab a 451m from DEI to make it easier.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You know there is an OEM nuetral safety switch on the MTX transmission. It's tied into the cruise control so if your shifter gets knocked out of gear while cruise is on, the nutral safety switch will close the circuit, cut the cruise off so the car wont over rev.

In short, tie the neutral safety switch wire of the 791XV to the OEM neutral safety switch wire, and the car will ONLY remote start with the car out of gear.
[/b]
i've heard people talk about this wire, but no one can come up with where it is and what color etc. Do you know?

·
Registered
703 Posts
i've heard people talk about this wire, but no one can come up with where it is and what color etc. Do you know?
[/b]

I've actually posted it in another section. I'll see if I can find it.

found it

Found the wire on the 6!!!!!

Got a print out of the cruise control circuit. There is a neutral safety switch just for the MTX. You can catch it on the PCM pin 64 blue/red. The safety switch itself is also in that general vicinity of the PCM. The nuetral safety switch has blue/red and black leads coming out of it. If you still cant find it, follow the black wire off the clutch switch and it will connect to the safety switch. Both switches share the same ground.

This info and diagram was off of a 2003 Mazda 6s 3.0. Dunno if the rest of the years will match.

[/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts