Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...id=30&Itemid=49

After looking there, the last step is to grease the brake components, but which components exactly? and Second, how hard is it to go the step further with caliper removal so that I may completely replace the rotors?
[/b]
at the bottom of the pic for step 9 is what is called a slide, grease those. to remove rotors, there are two more bolts in each caliper bracket you have to remove.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
You basically grease all the moving components of the brake system without touching the pad material, or the rotor itself.

This includes...

1) Caliper pins
2) The piston surface (that clamps down on the pad).
3) The opposing clamp on the other pad.

Make sure to use high temp brake grease...it'll help keep the grease on there longer...unless of course you're going to the track.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question, when replacing the pads, what special tools do i need to retract the pistons? I know on alot of cars this can generally be done by hand, but I have no experience on the 6.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Any weird size bolts/special tools I need to worry about to get at swapping the rotors? Just want to make sure, I hate getting half way (4 beers or so ;) ) through a job and need something special and have to talk the wife into driving me to the parts store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Gruss
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing