Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
where does one find gold caliper paint? i can find yellow but that isn't gold.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, does anyone know how well the Red Duplicolor CALIPER PAINT matches with the 05 Mazda 6 HB red? I'm trying to decide between red and black. I think I might just go with black?

·
Registered
363 Posts
hey, i used that caliper paint... pics on my car domain site.... while it would be nice to be exact I think it's really close... very hard to tell that it's a different red, plus after you drive a handful of miles and get some break dust on them they both with lose a little of the exact color they began as anyhow....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2262991/2

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was thinking about doing this mod, but my friend from experience told me that painting your calipers will be hard to clean. The calipers are hard to clean so dirt builds up unless you want to take your wheel off every time you wash your car. Paint does not last either he said. I just don't want this mod to bite me in the butt in the future. What do you think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
What kind of black paint did you use on the disc? Mine has rust on it and looks terrible. Thank you

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 2003 M6. Yesterday i decided to paint my calipers red. 4 years of dust were not easy to clean, but i did it. It took me a while because of the cleaning and I can only do one side of the car at a time. However I wana say that it looks great. I was affraid tht from close up it would look bad, but when the paint sits for one day, it molds better and looks good. I wanna thank for those who provided pictures of the installation.
Whenever i wash my wheels i will upload some pictures. Hopefully they willl help white mazda owners

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Woe haven't looked at this thread in months ...

allstr921 , the black paint was the same as the red from Dupli-Color

Juice , I'm so glad I could help , now can't wait for them pics .

cybersonic , I find it's not that hard cleaning the calipers since I clear-coated them - brake dust just washes off without having to rub :) real easy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Woe haven't looked at this thread in months ...

allstr921 , the black paint was the same as the red from Dupli-Color

Juice , I'm so glad I could help , now can't wait for them pics .

cybersonic , I find it's not that hard cleaning the calipers since I clear-coated them - brake dust just washes off without having to rub :) real easy[/b]
You know, as far as cleaning the calipers before hand, you guys should check into some industrial primers. There are some companies out there that make some really insane primers for people who are for example painting a dump truck that has 30 years of rust on it. They are $$, but if you want your calipers to never flake or chip from being a little unclean underneath the paint, that is the way to go. I'll try and find a link.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice write up 6 Pack. :yesnod:
I decided it was time for me to do it.
Did it last weekend and looks great. :love:
The red matches quite well the mazda red.
My wife likes it and wants me to do her car too in yellow(as her cars color).
:swearin: The more time I spend on her car less time I have for mine. Lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
just wondering, would it be possible to do them 1 by 1, e.g using the jack to lift 1 wheel each time...just simply cant get my hands on 4 jacks..

lastly, i misread, how did u get the ms logo onto it?

thx

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The Mazdapeed stickers were custom-made at my local sticker shop using the MS logo and curved at the right angle on the computer at the shop . Red paint was brushed on then sticker applied , then clear sprayed .
As for doing them one wheel at a time - sure it can be done , just respect the paint coates application times by following the paint instructions of the product you choose to apply with .

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
im thinking of doing mine this weekend black 6 with red calipers ....where can i get the mazda 6 decals ?[/b]
There's also an online site that sells vinyl stickers for calipers, if you're interested. I can't remember it but if you search this forum, you'll find it. :)

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Anyone know if i can paint over yellow calipers?? I would like to change the color to red, i just dont want it to come out orange (or whatever color you get when you mix red and yellow), thx.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Xenonmods.com[/b]
Rear Brakes.
[attachment=34092:DSCF8293.JPG]
Decal from xenonmods.com, paint is not Duplicolor.
Rotors are from R1.BTW, paint, and decal is going on 4 years now! Color is still true, and glossy.Decals never cracked, peeled, or faded.

Here's a pic I found of my front brakes...
[attachment=34093:Kakaako_...ark_2023.jpg]

Attachments

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
51 Participants
xjken
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing