Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted my brake calipers since then being so crusty finally got on my nerves. I chose Nevada Blue. but they do have 9 additional colors to choose from.

The link for the kit is in the video description.

Any questions, just ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Painted my brake calipers since then being so crusty finally got on my nerves. I chose Nevada Blue. but they do have 9 additional colors to choose from.

The link for the kit is in the video description.

Any questions, just ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You, without a doubt, did a great job... Great attention to detail! Now having said that (and I don't know if this is the case with your car) - the OEM rotors are "smallish" on the car... and the calipers are fist-calipers (not multi-piston fixed calipers). So, from my perspective, I would not (on my car) put any bling on the brake system (which highlights under-achiever brake size and type). For me (alone) painted components that emulate OEM finish, albeit new not crusty - LOL, would be ideal. Great idea to paint these cpts for preservation reasons (too).

Having said "under-achiever" brakes, I'm not suggesting that the system falls shy of the mark vis à vis their performance for the intended use of the car. It's just that the German machinery, say, in particular, tends to have outsized cpts by comparison.

Call me a curmudgeon... sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts