Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a THB cartalk and want to instal it on my '04 6 , non-bose audio sistem...and i need something, to conect a wire that has written on it : " car-radio muting, NPN connects negative". I have this car kit from a friend and it was instaled on a 2003 ford focus that had a wired special for this..someone can help me ? Thank's!!
Also, my english is a little rusty... :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10Q man, u're a life saver :) ..First thing in the morning i'll try it..if i have the time...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK..so this afternoon i started installing the car kit..Didn't found any Black/Red wire coming out of the CD conector, i put a wire thru the "1L" pin, tested it and it worked fine. Until i started to close everything...something gone wrong..When i put my 6230i on the cradle, it's begining to charge and the radio ( CD player ) is mutted even thou i don't make a call or receive one..Tomorow i shell test everything again...Damn, and i was so happy..talked to a few people from my car...when testing...Can't sleep thinking of what gone wrong..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm not sure what the input for the mute line is, but i'd imagine it's ground (-). therefore, anytime ground is sensed on "1L" the radio will mute. double check the mute output from your hands free kit to ensure that it signals ground (-) when calling.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's gound..It's written even on the wire that come from the car kit..."conects negative" ...I tested ..it worked for 3-4 calls..when tried to seal everything up..i think i touched something, 'couse everytime since the i try to putt my phone in it's cradle..the ardio gets mutted..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'd double check your wiring to ensure that your new mute wire isn't shorting to ground behind the radio.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's working..thank's god...I'm stupid.... :) The cradle has on it's back a plate with a magnet..if you take that away..."mute" is on... stupid me !!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
glad to hear you got it working. enjoy!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10X man!!!..i'm so happy 'couse i did it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
ezeQuel
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing