Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know how to install my vinyl stickers after I recieved them, I didnt know whether they went on the outside or in the inside and more.. So I just decide to make one.

FAQ's
----------------------

Q:Where do these things go?
A: Technically anywhere you'd like but they're popularly placed on the rear quarter window of your rear doors.

Q:On the outside, wouldnt they mess up?
A:Yes they may get ripped or torn, but with a good installation they should stand up pretty well against the "forces of nature". Think of it for those (NY'ers) as one of those sticker they stick on your car if you dont move your car to the other side of the street for cleaning, or one of those when they tow your car, hard as hell to get off you have to use a razor and hot soap water or something like that.

Q:What about the car wash?
A: (Not Know from Experience) but some members have confirmed that they do hold up, but they have either used a brushless car wash, or have done it themselves..

Q:What possesed you to write this How-To?
A: Well I wanted a detailed answer and didnt get it, and I had to do a double shift so i was pretty bored.

Q:Can we use these method with any vinyl sticker..?
A:Theoretically Yes, since all stickers are the same but keep in mind they can go whereever you want they just as long as the surface can have something stuck to it.

----------------------
How-To
----------------------

Step 1 - Get Some Windex or Glass Cleaner of your choice, a rag/towel, old t-shirt or whatever, and a razor. yes a razor..

Step 2 - Spray the area with windex.

Step 3 - Use the razor to scrape the glass, and clean away any particles on the glass until the razoor just glide smoothly along.. Wipe Dry the area and make sure it stays clean, Move to the other side and let this side air dry while your working on the other one..

Step 4 - Repeat Steps 2 & 3 on opposite side.

Step 5 - Return to the other side, and wipe once more with dry cloth. With sticker still in tact hold up to window and line up position that u want to place the sticker.

Step 6 - Peel sticker apart revealing sticky part of sticker.

Step 7 - Place Sticker Visually placing it to the position you had set before in step 5.

Step 8 - Run your fingers over the backing of the paper pressing the sticker to the window follow the whole sticker.

Step 9 - Leave sticker and paper backing in tact and proceed to the opposite side and repeat steps 5-8.

Step 10 - Remove paper backing very slowly from 1st sticker then the 2nd..

Step 11 - Your Done. Inspect your work and Pat Yourself on the back :)

Here shown ".com" removed well "com" removed since the dot wouldn't stick.

-------------
End Notes
-------------

Pretty Easy Mod

On my second application my . (dot) for the .com did not stick @ all, but the com did, i just ended up using the razor and scraped of the com now it just says mazda6club. Actually looks better IMO might scrape off the other side.. but then people would know where to go..? Comments anyone..?

I know who needs a how-to guide to put on a sticker, i do damn it..I want it to be nice lookin and knew if i did it right and i also wanted to know how itll hold up to the forces..

Well here's the answer....

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
thats good write-up, should clear up some confusion with the newbies. And yeah when you have the sticker with non-sticky part be sure to press hard back and forth so nothing stays on paper.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
------------
FAQ* (Updated)
------------

Q:
IS THIS THREAD A JOKE????? IT'S A DAMN STICKER!!
[/b]
A: No. / Yes we know "IT'S A DAMN STICKER"

Seriously I didnt know how to do it, I mean yes I just went ahead and did it but it wouldve been nice to see something like this beforehand just to say yes your thoughts on how to do this is correct "see this guy did it just like I thought..."

My first time putting on any sticker on my car..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Actually, you should be spraying the surface down with water before you apply the sticker. Then, you can easily position it to get it exactly where you want. Then, use a credit card or another flexible plastic card to squeegee out all of the water. You're less likely to get air bubbles this way.

It works well, this is how professional vinyl graphics are installed.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, you should be spraying the surface down with water before you apply the sticker. Then, you can easily position it to get it exactly where you want. Then, use a credit card or another flexible plastic card to squeegee out all of the water. You're less likely to get air bubbles this way.

It works well, this is how professional vinyl graphics are installed.
[/b]
That reminds me of how I installed my Ipod Protector, (The Invisible Sheild) they said use warm with with a drop of dish washing liquid..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Pretty Easy Mod, I dont know if its just me but the sticker are flip for the different side i dont know how to explain but.

on my drivers side the Mazda... Starts from the Front of the Car and Club Ends towards the Rear
on my passenger side the Mazda... Starts from the rear of the Car and Club Ends towards the Front

Looks Good Either Way, thought it would be uniform, maybe i got two opposites, like wearing two left shoes.. I dunno.

[/b]
Seriously? Did you want them to be uniform so one side read, "moc.bulc6adzaM"? Doesn't this just make sense that they wouldn't mirror each other exactly?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously? Did you want them to be uniform so one side read, "moc.bulc6adzaM"? Doesn't this just make sense that they wouldn't mirror each other exactly?
[/b]
well now that u put it that way..

Thx i figured that out about right after i posted... didnt bother to edit..

·
Registered
424 Posts
well now that u put it that way..

Thx i figured that out about right after i posted... didnt bother to edit..
[/b]
Ha, ok. You had me scared there for a minute.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does anyone have pictures of the red metaliic stickers. I have the Volcanic Red hatch, i have 1 white sticker on the dummy window. white doesnt look bad a all, but was just wondering about the red metallic.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone have pictures of the red metaliic stickers. I have the Volcanic Red hatch, i have 1 white sticker on the dummy window. white doesnt look bad a all, but was just wondering about the red metallic.....
[/b]
I think white, would look great on a volcanic red.. IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.