Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the glacier silver 6i for 2 weeks now- the silver seems a bit dull to me- not bright and shiny (Metallic looking) like the Protoge. What's the best product to use to bring out the shine? Would it be a wax? or this liquid glass? Anyone have a recommendation? And really what's the difference in terms of how often to apply and protection it offers as well as dust not sticking.
And how long after I have the car should I apply this? (I am also getting an after market spoiler- so do I need to wait to apply anything on the entire car until a few weeks after i intall that?)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: How to make that metallic silver shine...

No matter what product you choose - apply it when the car is brand new. You never get a second chance to get it right... :)

Personally, I'd recomment Toughguard, others in here have tried it too. I put it on my Silver, and it got that wonderful "wet" look. Yup.

Plus it lasts very long.

You find info here

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I don't know where you live (*hint* :D Enter your location in the Myhome settings) but I guess it's in the states. I don't think it's available there. But we who live in Sweden must have these things, otherwise the lights could get clogged with snow and dirt during our 6 months (give or take a month or two depending on where in Sweden) of bad wet and snowy weather. I don't know if it is by law (don't think so) but just about every car here has these things...

I think a car like the 6 should have these "pop up things" that are hiden in the bumper exept from when they spray the light.... But we might be a to small of a market to defent the added cost.

And yeah I think this applies to all of Scandinavia in genral.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Volvo's have those awesome mini-washer blades for the headlights, that's the bomb.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I am in LA, California- not much need for mud flaps let alone washers for my lights- ha...

Anyone use Mothers Wax on their silver?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah Volvo has actual wipers, but for the lights. A really good feature. Here's a S80 with those wipers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How to make that metallic silver shine...'

Originally posted by Kristoff

Instead in CA, the neuter the car with all that emissions crap.[/b]

HAHAHAHAHAHA ::::looks under brand new steel gray baby::::: I think mine's a girl:thefing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts