41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Why did he need 8g wire?

·
Registered
667 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it might have been for the relay that he installed. Did you purchase a relay? It's not something you have to have but some members have them and some don't. Depends if you have igniting issues.

If you purchased the raptor kit from ddm then you won't have the predrilled spots. It's just one big ballast so you would have to use adhesive tape or fab a bracket to secure the ballast under the headlight.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I got the relay. But it looks plug and play. But he talked about Fuses and more wire, I'm confused. Is it necessary to get extra things to install these? I don't want to half ass it. I want it done well, and reliable.

Is there anything that I should buy?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Honestly I think you'll be ok. I didn't purchase the relays and have been running mine for a little over 1.5 years. I haven't had a single issue. They have always fired right up without any flickering.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i dont understand. I hooked up everything correctly and my lights dont work. Neither do my brights.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Did you do both low and high beam or just low beam? Are all connections secure? The connectors kind of click when they are fully connected. Something is lose most likely.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I did my low beam projector. Everything is in. The red wire is on the positve of the battery. The ground is grounded to my frame. I have no idea whats wrong. :(

·
Registered
667 Posts
umm...there are 2 prongs just inside the headlight. It should be connected to those.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I thought he cut those wires?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Those are the wires for power and they fit perfectly over the prongs. They lead down to the ballasts then another set of wires goes from the ballast to the bulb. Did you cut those wires?

EDIT: I noticed that the OP did cut the wires. It must have something to do with the relay. Try reinstalling the stock bulbs to see if everything comes back on. If it does come back on then you have an issue with the HID connections. If they don't...maybe a headlight fuse issue.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Headlights work fine. I'm going to be so pissed if my HID's are bad. I waited a month for them to get here. :(

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you havent cut the wires, why don't you try installing them without the relay for now?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I already cut them. I'm going to put them back and try without the relay. I pray that the relay is bad and not the ballasts or bulbs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Is it really necessary to take off the bumper and drill holes to install hids in your headlights?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to know before I buy them.
The direction given seems like it would be easy to mess something up for a nooblet like me.

·
Registered
667 Posts
No it's actually pretty simple. At least the way I installed them. I didn't use a relay and didn't cut any wiring.

You can just turn the wheel out or remove it to peel back the plastic shroud in the wheel well. Then just make sure your surfaces are clean to mount the ballast under the headlight. I used a heat gun to promote adhesion especially since I installed them in the winter. They've been on for 1.5 years and aren't going anywhere.

·
Registered
606 Posts
rrrr.jpg

rrrrrrr.jpg

rrrrrrrr.jpg

I'm going to upload better pictures after I readjust my lights. I got excited and took some premature photos. :)
35w 6000k DDM HIDs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hey guys, I thought I would try to clear up a couple things. I ran 8 AWG from the battery to my fuseholder, then ran both relay harness power leads to the fuse holder. This way I had one fuse for both kits. I did not cut any wiring other than maybe the plug from the HID harness, but that was so I could T-Tap into the OEM Headlight and Foglight power wires to trip the relays. This way, everything is completely isolated from the stock wiring and it can easily be turned back the way it was should I get rid of the car. All OEM plugs are still there, but I guess my pics did not show that.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I got my lights in, but I didn't use the relay because for some reason, it didn't work, any knowledge of why? :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well to those who run relay harnesses...why? You all realize that when these cars have factory hid headlights they still plug into the same electrical harness (probably even have the same pigtails). Unless you are running 50/55 watt ballasts this is overkill. Also your introducing another component that will ultimately fail and when it does both headlights go out...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
im looking at buying a new kit. i had a DDM tuning kit on my speed 3 with no issues for 2 years. but the last two kits ive had from them have blown out on my 6. any suggestions on new kits? looking at getting 4300k lows and probably 4300k fogs or 3000k, havent decided. dont want cheap stuff anymore looking to spend somewhere around $100 for the kit

41 - 60 of 91 Posts