Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to provide a video tutorial on installing DRL fogs from ebay. I’ve beens asked by a few people on a previous video on how to install them so here it is!

Hopefully the video tutorial isn’t too bad I’m definitely not as great as the other YouTubers!

If you do have any suggestions regarding this video or a new one let me know! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/IfyZGZsnTn4

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Great video - glad you got everything to work out for you. The grill and fogs/DRLs look great! Personally, that color temp difference on the DRLs would drive me bonkers haha.

Also.......man, I really need to clean my engine bay. :D

Added to my 1 stop shop!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great video - glad you got everything to work out for you. The grill and fogs/DRLs look great! Personally, that color temp difference on the DRLs would drive me bonkers haha.

Also.......man, I really need to clean my engine bay. :D

Added to my 1 stop shop!

THANK YOU!

Haha I know its bothering me too but my laziness is overpowering my will to change it out! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love the write up and great video. For the DRL I am trying to follow your wiring diagram and am left with a few questions. I take it I can add the connector to the fog lights themselves and connect to the factory fog lights. However I’m not sure where to connect the 12v angel eyes to? Can I connect them to the DRL lights? Also on my module there is a white wire that shows it going back to the headlights but I’m not sure why. I can post some pics tonight. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the write up and great video. For the DRL I am trying to follow your wiring diagram and am left with a few questions. I take it I can add the connector to the fog lights themselves and connect to the factory fog lights. However I’m not sure where to connect the 12v angel eyes to? Can I connect them to the DRL lights? Also on my module there is a white wire that shows it going back to the headlights but I’m not sure why. I can post some pics tonight. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would connect those angel eyes to the same place I have that add-a-circuit fuse adapter in my video. This way your angel eyes will light up even if your fog lights aren’t on. But if you do want them to turn on only when your fogs are on then you should tap into the positive wire from the fogs. Use a basic multimeter to check which wire gives you 12v when the fogs are turned on. I wish I had a legitimate wiring diagram to provide but I don’t :/

Also for tapping in the factory DRL- there is a fuse for that which you may be able to tap into. Its a different style fuse connector for me at least. You can DM me pics of the module I’m not exactly sure what the white wire would do. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks. I like the direct tap into the add a fuse idea so they are always on. I know there’s a positive and negative from the 12v driver itself.
I will snap some pics of everything I have later tonight and send them if you don’t mind giving some feed back.
I did start a post about the DRL/fog/angel eyes kit I got but doesn’t show any wiring.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rdk, I ran late at work so I’ll try and toss the pics in a DM later today. In the mean time from what I can gather, the “white” wire looks to be a possibly 6v switch. So that would be a main power feed and a switch feed. I was thinking if it would be wise to tap the white wire into the DRL fuse so when they go one it would switch the DRL fog lamps on. Opinion?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah usually from these ebay kits if there is a third wire its like a trigger wire to activate the extra feature like in mine the third wire was for the signal lights. So I agree if you can manage to tap that DRL fuse then it would be perfect. Your angel wyes should light up at the same time your DRL’s light up. Yeah feel free to still send pics.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know it's been a while but finally installing these bad boys. Year and a half later lol. I'm also trying to figure out which wire supplies the turn signal lights. I see a yellow/blue and also a brown. I was trying to get to the Amber signal light but is difficult to get to. Anyone ever figured it out?

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK, so I finally got the install done. I must say it took a while to figure a few things out and I hope all is working like it should be. I know for a fact that the blinker wire for the 2016 mazda 6 wire harness is the Red with a Green stripe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts