Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I need to ride in your car. Let's go to the First Thursday meet next Thursday!

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Passenger Mount Installation

6. Tighten the ground wire bolt onto the mount using a #5 allen key - tighten as much as possible (OEM spec is 100 ft/lbs)

Just want to point out that the above torque spec for that little ground bolt should be in in-lbs, not ft. I'm pretty sure no-one would try 100 ft-lbs there while sober or not on drugs, but it should be corrected in any case :).

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is an excellent write up, can't wait to get around to replacing my mounts. Been a member of many a car forum in the past and the DIY posts on the Mazda 6 club forums have been the best by far. Having all this information gives people like me with only basic wrenching skills the motivation to attempt doing this on my own. I can't wait to save $ for more mods by installing stuff myself instead of paying my local shop to do it :)

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
This is an excellent write up, can't wait to get around to replacing my mounts. Been a member of many a car forum in the past and the DIY posts on the Mazda 6 club forums have been the best by far. Having all this information gives people like me with only basic wrenching skills the motivation to attempt doing this on my own. I can't wait to save $ for more mods by installing stuff myself instead of paying my local shop to do it :)
Do it! The how-tos definitely help you shake the fear and get a lot done yourself... very rewarding feeling at the end, and you save $$$. Just takes will power and sometimes a little bit of courage lol.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Think of it as lego's but with more rust. The shit only goes in one way.

·
Banned
318 Posts
sorry guys, but what the hell does BSD stand for? I always thought it was for bullshit detector but I'm kinda messed up in the head.

·
Registered
290 Posts
sorry guys, but what the hell does BSD stand for? I always thought it was for bullshit detector but I'm kinda messed up in the head.
Lol.. Balance shaft delete.

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 Manual
107 Posts
Just did the MM on my 6 Wagon. One note, for me the only way to get the holes for rear mount aligned was to thread the front top bolt on the transaxle first, then the other two, then the rear one last. When I did the rear one first like these instructions recommended, there was no way I was able to get the three front holes to line up, no matter how I lifted or lowered the engine. I think this was because the other two mounts were shot (I replaced those next).

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Rear Engine Mount Removal

1. Remove the lower bolt from the triangle bracket using a regular 17mm socket (breaker bar may be needed)

With the JBR mount, I also had to loosen the 2 other bolts on the triangle bracket, or it would be impossible to slide the mount in. Having the bracket loose makes it a whole lot easier to line up the mount and run the bolt through it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I did too @MWSpeed6. Just a tad, maybe 1/2 -1 turn then used a rubber mallet to encourage it to go in. Followed by a few forward and rear taps to get the holes to line up.

Reactions: MWSpeed6

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an '04 3.0 that needs the passenger side mount replaces (leaking fluid). I've read through the instructions here (thanks for this) and have a couple of questions.

1. What is the best/safest jacking point? I can't tell from the picture. Is it the oil pan?
2. These instructions refer to 2 bolts for the engine bracket but mine appears to have three. Does that seem correct?
3. I'm reading about people having trouble sourcing an OEM part (different bolt size, shallow threads, etc). Suggestions where I should get one and which manufacturer might be best?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I don't know the answer to two of your questions, but please do not jack the car up from the oil pan..ever. There is a jacking point right around the radiator drain plug that you can use for the front, if you aren't going to put all 4 corners up on jacks or a lift.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
...but please do not jack the car up from the oil pan..ever. There is a jacking point right around the radiator drain plug that you can use for the front, if you aren't going to put all 4 corners up on jacks or a lift.
I'm not jacking the car, rather I'm lifting the engine to relieve pressure so a motor mount can be replaced.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts