Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
so i wanted toimprove my 6S GT 0-60 time, cuz it makes lots and lots of wheels spin and i would like to have a clean smooth start
i thought about getting the eibach pro kit .. but i don't know if it well work.. so -guys who have installed it- does it make a difference in acceleration ???

and what about some slik wheels.. do u think it'll help ??

any other ideas ??

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
get better tires.......AWR motor and tranny mounts to start. the suspension drop will help a lil too.

and how do you launch your car? do you just drop the clutch?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
whats awr? tranny mounts? srry newbie question

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have to slip the clutch. And if its an automatic you have to ease into the gas a little bit. Motor mounts will only make the wheelspin worse because they help deliver more power to the ground.

·
Registered
38 Posts
are you serious?!? :confused:

hey guys
so i wanted toimprove my 6S GT 0-60 time, cuz it makes lots and lots of wheels spin and i would like to have a clean smooth start
i thought about getting the eibach pro kit .. but i don't know if it well work.. so -guys who have installed it- does it make a difference in acceleration ???

and what about some slik wheels.. do u think it'll help ??

any other ideas ??

·
Registered
659 Posts
Serious. Tires. You get better acceleration, braking and cornering. The 17's I can tell you first hand are crap. I'm guessing they didn't put any more thought/testing into the 18s . . .

·
Banned
538 Posts
Do not use Traction Control. It will slow down your 0-60 time! Use this only in downpours and snow. Left foot on brake, right foot on gas a bit, release brake and step more on gas but a little slower.
Or if you want real fast 0-60 times buy a supercharger like the Great NY !!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Serious. Tires. You get better acceleration, braking and cornering. The 17's I can tell you first hand are crap. I'm guessing they didn't put any more thought/testing into the 18s . . .
Actually they did put thought into the tires. They just thought about fuel economy and cost to them.

But, True there are much better options out there for tires. I just counting the days until my tires are worn enough to justify replacing them.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Tires will do more per dollar than anything else listed here. The motor mounts WILL help to deal with wheel hop but won't be able to work to the fullest of their potential without some sticky tires.

/endthread

·
Registered
659 Posts
Actually they did put thought into the tires. They just thought about fuel economy and cost to them.

But, True there are much better options out there for tires. I just counting the days until my tires are worn enough to justify replacing them.
On the 17", I cannot agree. If fuel economy mattered at all, they would have changed the gear ratios. The M/T is steeped to make the vehicle FEEL faster that it is . . . fast forward to the tires:

On a 55mph freeway exit, you will lose 2-3 feet laterally over 40mph. Stopping distance makes the Accord look like a sport sedan . . . and you can easily STAND, chirping your tires, if you try to start up faster at a stop light than an A/T Stock Versa (I'm not kidding here).

Honestly, the 17s were an afterthought on the Mazda6 that was relegated to some intern after the announced the car . . . they could have easily put 235-50-17s on the vehicle and addressed a lot of the slippage from a still start, but, well, they . . . what? I have no words for what they put on my vehicle as OE.

For some point-of-reference, I was going from a 2003 Honda CR-V EX/M-T . . . so I was expecting cornering to be abrupt, vs. actually LOSING GROUND . . .

No, the OE 17" tires are a very sore topic with me. One I've put more thought into than Mazda bothered to. I love my car, but my OE tires were dangerous, even if my grandmother were driving it.

-Ernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts