Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "auto" setting turns on the lights under low light conditions. I want them to lit automatically when the engine is started.

One way to do it would be to find the daylight sensor and cover it. Does anyone know where it is located? I guess there is a more elegant solution since in some countries it's mandatory to have your headlights on when the engine is running.

I have the European '06 Mazda 6 Sedan if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The "auto" setting turns on the lights under low light conditions. I want them to lit automatically when the engine is started.

One way to do it would be to find the daylight sensor and cover it. Does anyone know where it is located? I guess there is a more elegant solution since in some countries it's mandatory to have your headlights on when the engine is running.

I have the European '06 Mazda 6 Sedan if it makes any difference.
[/b]
Most people go out of there ways to disable the DLR feature. Why would you want them on ALL the time if it's not the law to have it that way?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Why can't you just turn them on and leave them on?

In the US models at least, they automatically turn themselves off after 30 seconds when you shut off the car. Then when you start the car up, they're ready to go. My headlight switch has been in the "ON" position practically since the day I bought the car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Why can't you just turn them on and leave them on?

In the US models at least, they automatically turn themselves off after 30 seconds when you shut off the car. Then when you start the car up, they're ready to go. My headlight switch has been in the "ON" position practically since the day I bought the car.
[/b]
Mine was like that for a while untill a friend told me I shouldn't use my headlights ALL the time when they are not needed because they are HID's and they shouldn't be ran ALL the time or some crap. He never gave me a reason why though.

Not sure if he knew what he wast talking about or just talking out his ass

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I did the same thing with my last 6, hid's installed and they were "on" all the time. never hurt anything.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Mine was like that for a while untill a friend told me I shouldn't use my headlights ALL the time when they are not needed because they are HID's and they shouldn't be ran ALL the time or some crap. He never gave me a reason why though.

Not sure if he knew what he wast talking about or just talking out his ass
[/b]
HIDs will last as much as 100,000 miles if left constantly on. It's the ignition of them that kills them quickly, so one could argue if your headlights are on all the time they do ignite more often since they ignite every time you start the car, rather than at night only. I used to run my foglights as DRLs, but when I put HIDs on I had to switch to running the headlights all the time because I am a frequent headlight flasher and flashing HIDs is VERY bad for their lifespan. With the headlights on all the time they don't flash when I flash the highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts