Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a constructive and a helpful thread for everyone.

discuss experiences of successful and unsuccessful attempts at getting out of the current obligations and getting into a speed6.

i had about 20K left on my 6s after 1 1/5 years. (had a p5 lease rolled into it as well)

had a lot of issues during its ownership, felt it was underpowered, and not enough torque, even with the cp-e mafci kit.

one day i drove up to a light next to an old mustang. he revved at me, i revved back, then away we went. needless to say, i lost by about 3 car lenghts. (sorry about SR post, but just sharing my past experience not to gratify the experience of an SR)

after this incident i felt an urge to get out of the 6s and get into the speed6.

so i got off my butt, visited two dealers (in about 2 months span) and made a deal.

now i'm only paying $30 more per month on my speed6 lease.

(the driving experience of my speed6 has been well worth 10 big-macs per month. :love:)

long story short anybody can do it, you just gotta get off your lazy butt and do some math!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
you know..you are right, and I deffinately could do it now In my situation...I just Do not feel like going through the dealership experience again...Plus I can't find my stock intake parts >_<

·
Registered
344 Posts
It sounds like a fantastic plan for those that are leasing or financing with little to no inequity. In my case, I'd probably end up paying over $100 more a month on a car loan. I'll just be patient and see how that '08 redesign turns out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I might do this in May 06'

We should have the 6i paid down enough by then so that we wouldn't have negative equity.

I'm just worried about that huge Cargo ship that tipped over, that was bringing alot of the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6's to the states. They all will be sold as used car's apparently...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

We should have the 6i paid down enough by then so that we wouldn't have negative equity.

I'm just worried about that huge Cargo ship that tipped over, that was bringing alot of the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6's to the states. They all will be sold as used car's apparently...
[/b]
The "Cougar Ace" editions will be hot ticket items!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I'd want a Cougar Ace badge on my Mazdaspeed 6 ^_^

Big Markdown on price!
Plus warranty
And i heard they upgraded parts in the car + added an intake to make is special..

Dude I would definately get one over a regular speed6

·
Registered
507 Posts

[/b]

There might have been Speed6's on the Cougar Ace, but there weren't any Speed3's. There were many Mazda3s, which has contributed to the recent shortage of them in N/A markets, but no Speed3's.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
So you did what now? How is this a better deal?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
you can have my ms6. liquid platium. only 5k on the clock for 20k.
[/b]
With all the shit you have going on with your MS6?? I would give you 18K for it....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
With all the shit you have going on with your MS6?? I would give you 18K for it....
[/b]

They are all fixed. Rattles and creaks are inherent to the shitty hard shiny plastics with shitty build tolerances.. No matter what you are gonna get it, just matter of time. 5k or 20k.

·
Registered
405 Posts
id love to get a speed 6 at this point but i have negative equity on my finance and even selling privately , im still going to lose a few thousand. I owe 23.k on my finance for my 2006 GS. I had put nooo money down when i bought it, and didnt care for haggling or anything because i honestly thought i wouldnt qualify for financing on the car... and i ended up with highhhhh finance payments

My local dealer quoted me after I inquired about a speed 6 (2006) GT with moonroof... below invoice... I said i would put 2k down. She came back with this:

$29,349 – white

$29,349 is her invoice… $300 off invoice.

$362.71 / 36months, $1,847.22 down, 10k miles per year

$371.74 / 36months, $1,856.25 down, 12k miles per year

$382.12 / 24months, $1,894.63 down, 10k miles per year

$395.93 / 24months, $1,905.44 down, 12k miles per year

OR

Finance: 60 Months, $555/month

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
^^^ holy shit, I know I would have some issues affording that....your best bet is to enjoy what you have.

$29K is not invoice

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Idk bout you guys but from switching from a 6i to a speed6 not only did my monthly car payments go up but my insurance did aswell.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Idk bout you guys but from switching from a 6i to a speed6 not only did my monthly car payments go up but my insurance did aswell.
[/b]
my insurance did go up about $50/month, this is true. but what's $50/month?
a couple of meals here, drinks there, nothing you can't conserve in other areas.

·
Registered
176 Posts
a couple of meals here, drinks there, nothing you can't conserve in other areas.
[/b]

50 a month sounds like its nothing...

but it's $600 a year!! thats more than HALF of what I pay for my insurance now.

plus with your $30 more a month for speed6 payments... is $360 a year. You're spending nearly $1,000 more a year just for the speed6! i'm not sure if I could justify the extra spending - but hey, its in my opinion, no hard feelings.

·
Registered
201 Posts
[/b]
As above, adds up over a year, and the speed6 isn't the most fuel-economical car either.

Me, there'd be no way I could financially do it. Those stats posted above is what I'm at now. I decided to finance....I don't fucking know why. I'm regreting it every day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
here's a constructive and a helpful thread for everyone.

discuss experiences of successful and unsuccessful attempts at getting out of the current obligations and getting into a speed6.

i had about 20K left on my 6s after 1 1/5 years. (had a p5 lease rolled into it as well)

had a lot of issues during its ownership, felt it was underpowered, and not enough torque, even with the cp-e mafci kit.

one day i drove up to a light next to an old mustang. he revved at me, i revved back, then away we went. needless to say, i lost by about 3 car lenghts. (sorry about SR post, but just sharing my past experience not to gratify the experience of an SR)

after this incident i felt an urge to get out of the 6s and get into the speed6.

so i got off my butt, visited two dealers (in about 2 months span) and made a deal.

now i'm only paying $30 more per month on my speed6 lease.

(the driving experience of my speed6 has been well worth 10 big-macs per month. :love:)

long story short anybody can do it, you just gotta get off your lazy butt and do some math![/b]

IM SORRY I would rather not ever eat a bigmac and take that money and turbo my 6s because no matter wat you do to that crappy 2.3 it will never get the power my 6s will!!!!!!!!! I will let you no how the turbo 6s matches up wit the speed as soon as i get dyno done

1 - 20 of 24 Posts