Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first...Ive done the search. While I browsed through a few threads none of them had what I was looking for. I dont know which turbo sound I like better....the chirp or the psssht. Either way which BOVs achieve which sound. I read that getting a cai w/ stock bov will produce the sound but it will be very low. Im looking for a nice semi loud turbo sound.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i'm not 100% sure on this, but i think that the chirp is because the BOV feeds back into the intake, and if you want a louder "psshhhhhht" then you gotta vent it into the atmosphere. correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Registered
661 Posts
My HKS BOV is in recirc and I get the psshhttt - it made the same noise with the stock BOV but with the HKS it's louder and more, lets say, definite.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether you recirc or vta.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i'm not 100% sure on this, but i think that the chirp is because the BOV feeds back into the intake, and if you want a louder "psshhhhhht" then you gotta vent it into the atmosphere. correct me if i'm wrong...
[/b]
you are very, very wrong. :laugh:

id like to answer this question, but i really dont want to for the 100th time. please use the search key and you'll find a ton of stuff on bov's. heck, u could even search my posts for 'bov' and 'whistle' and you'll find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are very, very wrong. :laugh:

id like to answer this question, but i really dont want to for the 100th time. please use the search key and you'll find a ton of stuff on bov's. heck, u could even search my posts for 'bov' and 'whistle' and you'll find what you're looking for.
[/b]

First things first...Ive done the search. While I browsed through a few threads none of them had what I was looking for. I dont know which turbo sound I like better....the chirp or the psssht. Either way which BOVs achieve which sound. I read that getting a cai w/ stock bov will produce the sound but it will be very low. Im looking for a nice semi loud turbo sound.
[/b]

·
Registered
243 Posts
My now recently re-installed HKS BOV emits more of a bark or a cough at full boost with a gently, fluttering pssht at partial boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts