Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2015 Mazda 6 and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get to the gages. I’ve been through the manual and all up and down YouTube everywhere. I can get to the info on the steering wheel but it won’t pull up anything other than the mpg information

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Pretty sure those don’t exist on the 2015 instrument cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he's right. There's an internal alert that can be triggered for low oil pressure AFAIK but, at that point, the damage has already started to be done.

You can probably get some metrics from the OBD2 port and forescan, but I honestly haven't looked.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
There's no oil PRESSURE reading on the OBD port that I've been able to find. There is an oil TEMPERATURE reading (!!)

You can also get coolant temperature off OBD.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unfortunately your car doesn't have this info. The lower level trim gauges started including temp on 2017 models. I bought gauges from a 2017 to try and swap into my 2016, but have not attempted it yet. For now, I bought a scangauge and it displays engine temp, transmission temp, and a variety of other metrics you can choose from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently bought a 2015 Mazda 6 and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get to the gages. I’ve been through the manual and all up and down YouTube everywhere. I can get to the info on the steering wheel but it won’t pull up anything other than the mpg information
I heard they come out as one unit from the top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts