Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i've looked in all the manuals i have and not one of them mentions the fuel filter, and i haven't got a clue how to change it, as i don't even know where it is! Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear, thanks for that, looks like it's a fairly big job, if the petrol and the diesel are the same.

I had a diesel Merc, and after changing something in the fuel system it needed bleeding, which was just cranking the engine for a minute until it starts and that's it, is the Mazda the same?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's easy to replace fuel filter for Mazda6 diesel. Remove two bolts that holds filter box, remove two hoses (in/out) and cable. Take "box" out, replace new filter, put back and connect everything again. Operate manual fuel pump till it gets stiffen. And that's all.. Main fuel filter is "under hood", not in tank...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally found mine. In under the windscreen behind the soundproofing, directly back from the battery. (RHD car).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
7rblmkr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing