Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Turbosmart MBC. I followed P5Freek's diagram. And I cant get it to hold til redline. I can get about 17psi til about 5000rpm then it tapers off slowly. Any higher and I'm getting fuel cut. WTF?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have found this car to be very finicky with weather change. I have two different settings on my EBC that I use for hot and cold weather, and I fine tune it from there. Good luck using a MBC.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any fuel cut defenders that will work with our car?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I would love one, but tuning is nearly around the corner, and that is the route I plan to take.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I installed the Turbosmart MBC. I followed P5Freek's diagram. And I cant get it to hold til redline. I can get about 17psi til about 5000rpm then it tapers off slowly. Any higher and I'm getting fuel cut. WTF?
[/b]
I've been reading that most guys with an MBC are keeping it at 15psi throughout the rpm band. The only guys holding 17psi and up are using EBC's that they set to taper down to about 13psi at redline to avoid fuel cut.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, its the stock bov keeping people from holding boost, everyone that holds 15 psi to 17+psi close to redline have aftermarket bovs...The stock bov leaks pretty bad...

·
Registered
795 Posts
[/b]
do u have a stock Bov????

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Then get an aftermarket one :)

P5Feek was holding 17psi to redline (with vids) using a MBC. I need to change the spring in my MBC from Foge, becuase at the lowest setting, it is at about 16psi. At 17psi, I definetely felt the power increase from the stock 15.5psi.

I still need to get my ECU reflashed!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then get an aftermarket one :)

P5Feek was holding 17psi to redline (with vids) using a MBC. I need to change the spring in my MBC from Foge, becuase at the lowest setting, it is at about 16psi. At 17psi, I definetely felt the power increase from the stock 15.5psi.

I still need to get my ECU reflashed!
[/b]
I just bought one from you this week! Waiting! :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can get a 1st gen crushed DSM bov for $30. I'm guessing with 1200 miles, I wouldn't notice it but it's cheap insurance to keep it there.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Tuning won't fix the problem of a leaking bov...

·
Registered
788 Posts
i see you have the dsm bov, so yes, sounds like a bad boost controller...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts