Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently bought a MS6 and I'm loving this car. Came from a Mazda3 SP23 and the fogs were easy to adjust.

I've searched and only find the adjustment of the fogs in the headlamp. No love for the OEM lower fogs? I checked the owner's manual and Mazda recommends the dealer to adjust or replace bulbs :sarc: .

Your help is appreciated...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow.. 9 views and no one was able to tell me anything?

Well, maybe it's initiation to the forum, so how's this....

After spending hours underneath the car and getting familiar with it, I happened to take out time and study the fogs as well. Hmmm... please tell me that the screw at the bottom of the foglamp (which can be seen on the outside) is NOT where the adjustment is done. I loosened it and couldn't get it to move. I go underneath and unscrew the housing but realized that the fog was already and it's highest point? :huh: - It barely lights up anything!!!

Well, since now you guys have gotten your laugh, how about enlightening me with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Wow.. 9 views and no one was able to tell me anything?

Well, maybe it's initiation to the forum, so how's this....

After spending hours underneath the car and getting familiar with it, I happened to take out time and study the fogs as well. Hmmm... please tell me that the screw at the bottom of the foglamp (which can be seen on the outside) is NOT where the adjustment is done. I loosened it and couldn't get it to move. I go underneath and unscrew the housing but realized that the fog was already and it's highest point? :huh: - It barely lights up anything!!!

Well, since now you guys have gotten your laugh, how about enlightening me with this?

Thanks.
[/b]

it's no initation, it's the weekend. 9 views is nothing.

I'll have to look at the install manual that came with mine, I have an 04, but they may have the same adjustments. Check your manual, it may be there

Fogs aren't meant to light up alot, They stay low and broadcast wide.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fogs aren't meant to light up alot, They stay low and broadcast wide.
[/b]
exactly! they are meant to really be pointing toward the ground in front of you to give you a little more upclose visual. like when driving in fog, they A, help you see better cuz u cant see shit ahead of you, and B, reflect the light on the road reflectors. hence "fog" light.

i have mine on all the time for a little better visual on the road itself in front of me. to avoid that last second pot hole

·
Registered
13 Posts
exactly! they are meant to really be pointing toward the ground in front of you to give you a little more upclose visual. like when driving in fog, they A, help you see better cuz u cant see shit ahead of you, and B, reflect the light on the road reflectors. hence "fog" light.

i have mine on all the time for a little better visual on the road itself in front of me. to avoid that last second pot hole
[/b]
I have just fitted the OEM lower fogs on a European 6 Aerobumper. The only adjustment is UP and Down via a 12 mm screw located at the bottom of the lamp just under the bulb holder. You need to remove the plastic plate (lower part of the wheel arch liner) to gain access to this screw.
Good luck

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43387

try that its probably around the same.... [/b]

Yeah.. I've been checking that thread but nothing about the lower fogs... :(

I have just fitted the OEM lower fogs on a European 6 Aerobumper. The only adjustment is UP and Down via a 12 mm screw located at the bottom of the lamp just under the bulb holder. You need to remove the plastic plate (lower part of the wheel arch liner) to gain access to this screw.
Good luck
[/b]
I know the screw you speak of and when I try to 'push' the bottom of the fog forward, it doesn't move. And I don't see a screw at the top of the fog. I did see a screw which holds it in place horizontally and loosen that one too but to no avail.

It just seems odd to me that the fog has no movement and the lighting sucks because it's too downward and I can barely see it :swearin:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It just seems odd to me that the fog has no movement and the lighting sucks because it's too downward and I can barely see it :swearin:
[/b]

a foglight is supposed to be pointed downward, not to light up the road like your headlights :slap:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a foglight is supposed to be pointed downward, not to light up the road like your headlights :slap: [/b]

I'm very aware of that :p

Problem is that it's too far down and I can't see it nor any of the lighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the MS6, once you remove the black plastic trim from over the fog lights, there's a 10mm screw that threads into the fog light housing. Remove this screw entirely and remove the housing from the outboard-most-pivot point. Now, you can see there is a slot where the screw passes thru into the housing. On that slot, there is a small, thin round piece of plastic that is a preset position for the fog housing. Break that piece of plastic to allow the screw to travel freely fore and aft in the slot. Now, reinstall the housing into the pivot point, insert the screw loosely from the bottom to allow for an adjustment. Once you have obtained your desired height, tighten the screw again and reinstall the black outer trim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts