Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first post and all...

So we picked up an 06 6 Hatch GT with a manual yesterday. The guy we got it from is a Mazda freak and said since 03 he has only seen 2 of these (on his lot).

Any other owners on here?

6 Hatchback
Grand Touring
Leather
Bose
Sunroof
5 speed
HID's

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, he said like 7% of all 6's were hatch's, 30% of those had leather, 7% of those were GT's, something like 2 or 3% had manuals, even less had the sunroof.

Would be nice to know exact numbers :)

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Yea, he said like 7% of all 6's were hatch's, 30% of those had leather, 7% of those were GT's, something like 2 or 3% had manuals, even less had the sunroof.

Would be nice to know exact numbers :)
A 5spd V6 wagon is far more rare than a 5spd V6 hatch. And as far as I know, Mazda never posted build numbers for the 6's other than for the speeds. Anyways, enjoy your new car and please post pics!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
mazdaspeeds are way more rare :p

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Geez gimme a chance!! LOL went out and snapped these really fast....

Ive already swapped out the backup bulbs with LED ones i had for my Neon, swapped the 'halo' bulbs and map bulbs for single LED 192's...getting ready to solder up a 3.5" jack for my Zen 20GB shortly...

Heres the LED bulbs in my Neon (back in 05), LED on left, regular on right, notice the color difference

At night:

Wont be long before i yank the Bose for my Kicker RS6's and MB8's :)

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
I think that color is tungsten gray. Also, is it v6 or I4?

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
You could either get a 6i (2.3L 4 banger) GT or the 6s GT (3.0L V6). There were a bunch of trim packages and they differed from year to year and between the models. I recall there being a thread on here that had them all listed out, but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could either get a 6i (2.3L 4 banger) GT or the 6s GT (3.0L V6). There were a bunch of trim packages and they differed from year to year and between the models. I recall there being a thread on here that had them all listed out, but I can't seem to find it.
Oh ok, no its the 6s GT ;) hence one of the reasons for being so rare :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It's not that rare at all. And those figures are off. Salesmen will tell you anything to get you to buy.
My neighbor has the exact same car as you. exact specs. And I have a 6s 5-door too, but without foglights and leather. I think the most rare Mazda6 are those pebble ash and violet gray ones.

As a hatch owner, I guess you could consider yourself a true Mazda6 owner. The 5-door is the flagship model of the Mazda6. Its called the Mazda6 Sport everywhere else in the world. Also, in movies, ads, and video game appearances they all use the Mazda6 hatch.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't know that it is "rare" per se, but the 06-08 GT 6S 5-doors seem to be less common than their 02-05 counterparts.

Sedans are going to be more common. At some point in the past, some random auto executives decided that Americans didn't like 5-doors. They were wrong of course. We just don't like ugly 5-doors (like the Chevy Citation) and we associate truncated ass 5 doors with cheap cars (like the Hyundai Excel)...no matter how high the content.

But we're coming around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts