Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly I'm a horrible owner for this, but it was 3 months and some days before I ended up washing my car. I decided to film with my friend to make a quick cinematic video (that will be Friday's upload), but this is the behind the scenes lol. Let me know how frequent you wash your car, I'm curious!

·
Registered
604 Posts
2x a year or so. Once right before winter and then again right after.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Personally.. once a week.. also using Maguire's detailer as often as needed.
Same thing here, every week. In between days, I wash it with water only while wiping it with microfiber cloth if it's dirty but not so dirty that I can away without using car shampoo.

I know, this is not a good cleaning practice but I am somehow lazy to use a shampoo then rinse it and dry with different towels, etc.

I guess that's where I got a lot of swirl marks.

If I may add, it doesn't matter to me if it's the 6 or any old car. As long as I'll be using a car, I want it clean as much as possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Washed once (bought it 3 weeks ago), and thinking about the best available hand wash with ceramic coating. I'm not sure the latter one is reasonable tbh...

·
Registered
614 Posts
2x a year or so. Once right before winter and then again right after.
I'm in the same boat. though I would like to wash it more. When we 1st got the car and washed it, the brand new "factobake paint job" that it got before it went to auction started flaking off. Since then its gotten much worse and the paint on the rear passenger door was so thin that we can now see the bodywork under it. It kind of makes me not want to wash it smh.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm in the same boat. though I would like to wash it more. When we 1st got the car and washed it, the brand new "factobake paint job" that it got before it went to auction started flaking off. Since then its gotten much worse and the paint on the rear passenger door was so thin that we can now see the bodywork under it. It kind of makes me not want to wash it smh.
To be fair, those two times I do it right and apply a high quality sealant and topcoat. Do that and the rain will keep it washed off because the dirt doesn't "stick." I have a wife, three young kids, a full time job and other hobbies--I have zero interest in ever being the guy who spends 4 hours every Saturday washing his "baby", haha. That might change when I have enough spare money to buy my Esprit, though :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
To be fair, those two times I do it right and apply a high quality sealant and topcoat. Do that and the rain will keep it washed off because the dirt doesn't "stick." I have a wife, three young kids, a full time job and other hobbies--I have zero interest in ever being the guy who spends 4 hours every Saturday washing his "baby", haha. That might change when I have enough spare money to buy my Esprit, though :)
I thought I read, "three wives and kids"!

You have accurately described me when cleaning the car. I'm interested with the exact brand you're using for the sealant and topcoat. I hope you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I thought I read, "three wives and kids"!

You have accurately described me when cleaning the car. I'm interested with the exact brand you're using for the sealant and topcoat. I hope you don't mind sharing.
Oh no, I'm not a Mormon, haha. I think I posted it in my build thread, but I've been using a layer of this sealant then a layer of the spray wax. I'd love to just use one product instead of two but I haven't found a miracle wax like that yet...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wash at least every other day and polish once a year and buff and wax every 3 months. Wash rims daily also wax rims monthly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wash at least every other day and polish once a year and buff and wax every 3 months. Wash rims daily also wax rims monthly.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
LOL you guys wash your cars????

Not enough. Long commute / work hrs / young kids does that to you. Just a few years ago it was a weekly hand wash self therapy activity on the weekends. Now I just hide in the corner of the garage away from my kids and wife slowly rocking and biting my fingernails while staring at my filthy car in an apologetic manor.

Seriously though, with my driving it's always dirty. As I am, for the most part, the only one in it I do like to keep the interior pretty tidy though. No dusty dashboards, dirty windows, food crumbs or liquid gunk in the cup-holders inside. That's where I spend all my time and it's easy to keep up with if you don't let it get out of hand.

·
Registered
978 Posts
LOL. DADCAR!. I think we all hiding from wives..
I have to laugh!

I agree, I prefer a cleaner interior most of the time. Cleaning the interior takes up more of my time.

Then again, I'll just hide from my wife if I'm feeling lazy to clean it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At least I'm not the only one hiding :)

If I really want to hide I say I'll go clean the van. I made the mistake of trying to hand wash and basic interior clean that thing once. Such a big vehicle took nearly 2 hrs.

I'm a drive-thru car wash whore now. But like cleaning the interior myself. I always feel I have to re clean the windows after letting someone else do it (I HATE streaks on the inside of car windows) and that's just about the worst part of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts