Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Was thinking about the headers from (duratec/msd).
How much should I be charged for installation?

(I'm in TX, USA if that matters).
Anyone? anyone?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reading Topic: How much should

when I was getting quotes in houston it was ranging from 250-350 for the install. From what I understand header installs can be a bitch to do, so don't be surprised if its not cheap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How much should'

I would guess somewhere around the $300 mark. Anything much more than that and I would just try to tackle it myself.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

:( that's goodnews compared to meineke and thrifty saying "i'd hate to put headers in this bitch!" when i was getting qoutes for sum more shit.

·
Registered
793 Posts

from what i heard ...common bolt ons like intake exhaust and headers does not void warranty...there is a website link posted on one of the topics that have the whole warranty issue...but definately talk to your dealer...he might give you the go...or maybe not dicussing the warranty.

·
Registered
76 Posts

It really depends on the dealership. I know Subaru sucks, and w/ my exhaust, my warranty is no good. But if I go to another Subaru dealership that is mod friendly, they will work on it. go figure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How much should'

Hey guys. This is my first post, hopefully i'm doing this right.:) I installed headers on my 95 civic and the only problem i had was taking the O2 sensor off of the original headers due to it being on for so long. The 6's shouldn't be too different. Just a bolt on. Also, any performance shop should give you an install quote as well as tell you if it will void the warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts