Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! Greetings from the S.E Melb. suburbs. Just found this site and I'm looking for one. I'm planning to get one this weekend after a long consideration with my pocket.

I've been offered A$47 OTR and they only gave me a discount of $1000. Based on all you current owners. What price level should I be looking for? This is like a poker game.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How much shoud I bargain for?'

Welcome to the forum. I saved around $2000 and from what I've heard thats about average around here. Try to get things thrown in like floormats or tinting if they wont budge on price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks all. I'm gonna start at $44k and ask for the Lot. Tint, mats, Ming guard, Sports Grille, Lights protector.

I'm expecting about $45-45.5 for it. I'll be going to the outer suburs. Went to Penfold last Sat and they don't even budge at all. :(

·
Registered
189 Posts

Hi Guys and Girls,

I purchased mine from West End Mazda - Parramatta and that's funny - because I live in Eastern Sydney.

I was after customer service and the dealers in my area, treat you like a number, not an individual. If their sales people are like that what is their service department like should a warranty item occur ?

I purchased a "Blue Pacific" 5 speed, Classic Sedan.

When we drove both the sedan and hatch, my girlfriend found there was a greater blindspot on the hatch, than the sedan when reversing - if you have seen her reversing, the sedan was the safest option. My preference was the hatch with leather (she hates leather for some reason) but hey ... don't fight a losing battle.

I finally optioned mine with the following "factory" items:
(I added the prices of some of these accessory items to give you a guide)

4 Year Extended Warranty Plan
Headlight Protectors
Bonnet Protector
Carpet Floor Mats
Stainless Exhaust Tips
Car Alarm
Parking Sensor System ($478)
17 inch wheels and tyres ($1500)
Wheel Lock Nuts
Sports Grill ($190)
Leather Gear Shift Knob ($198)
3M Window Tinting
Slimline Personalised Number Plates ($186)

On-road price - full fuel tank: $37,873.00 (including 2 Mazda 6 caps)

Any Sydney people should contact Andrew Kalamiotis (02) 9630 7900 at West End Mazda - Parramatta, mention my name Warren and see if he can do a package for you.

I didn't want a around the block test drive, so he arranged a 1 hour test drive which included a 80 km route including city, country, smooth / bumpy roads, low to medium speed (120 kph). My girlfriend and I swapped at the half way mark and it also gave me the oppportunity to check our the rear seat noise and comfort level, which is great.

Warren

·
Registered
32 Posts

For all those still looking

Try Max Kirwan Mazda in Preston,VIC

You should be able to barter with them, and get all the extra's thrown in too.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hi all,

Just stumbled into this forum after typing mazda 6 on a google search.

Put a deposit on a 6 last week, due for pick up this week. I am a bit surprised by how long some people are waiting for their cars.

Buying a manual luxury sports hatch with tints and mats for $42200.
Thought this was a pretty good deal with delivery within 2 weeks.

marckhor $44000 is too much to start at.
Dealers will always negotiate, particularly the smaller ones. Keep looking around.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by sixman

Hi all,

Just stumbled into this forum after typing mazda 6 on a google search.

Put a deposit on a 6 last week, due for pick up this week. I am a bit surprised by how long some people are waiting for their cars.

Buying a manual luxury sports hatch with tints and mats for $42200.
Thought this was a pretty good deal with delivery within 2 weeks.  

marckhor $44000 is too much to start at.
Dealers will always negotiate, particularly the smaller ones. Keep looking around.[/b]
Hi sixman, and welcome to the mazda 6 forum;)
That was a damn quick turn around i must say, lucky you! the avg' wait seems to be around 2 months.:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the advice Sixman, unfortunately yours came a day late.

Made my order at Ringwood Maz today. Agreed at $45.5k for a Lux Hatch Sports Auto with Pacific Blue. I had negotiated to come with Mats, 3M tint, Sports Grille, Headlight protectors and Slim plates. It is also written in the contract that I will get a loan car if they fail to deliver within a specified date.

The sales person is not too bad. Did a bit of homework and it seems that the mkt rate is about that. It's just what you can bargain for.

Will be picking up my car by Mid June.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Reading Topic: How much shoud I bargain for?

Not too bad a deal marckhor. I will be picking my M6 about the same time as you. Probably even the same shipment. Just a question, how do you get slimline plates? Is it through the dealer or Vicroads- and How much do they cost? How much does personalised plates cost in Melb today?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Ozzie,

Think I was lucky with the turnaround, the car in one of the colours I wanted, just happened to be coming in the week I went to the dealer.
Pacific Blue.
They had a sold sports hatch in white with snowflake pearl - looked fantastatic - surprises me that not many people go for this colour.

Marckhor,

Didnt realise you were buying an automatic. The price you paid is spot on, the automatics are in shorter supply than the manuals. Good luck with it, and loan cars can be fun ;)

We dont have slimline plates in Sydney. Only premium plates (black on white) which dealers usually throw in as they only cost about $50.
What do slimline plates look like?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Originally posted by marckhor
I'm expecting about $45-45.5 for it. I'll be going to the outer suburs. Went to Penfold last Sat and they don't even budge at all. :([/b]
Penfold took $1000 off the price and threw in headlight covers and $50 of petrol which was kinda cheap, its better than nothing, but I found they treat you badly and at times rude.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: How much shoud I bargain for?

ok number plate pricing is as follows..

normal plates slimline, you can get them from the dealer for about $50

Personalised plates from vicroads
2 letters 3 or 4 numbers $175 slimline
more then 2 letters, about $310 slimline and coloured

cheers

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by sixman

Ozzie,

Think I was lucky with the turnaround, the car in one of the colours I wanted, just happened to be coming in the week I went to the dealer.
Pacific Blue.
They had a sold sports hatch in white with snowflake pearl - looked fantastatic - surprises me that not many people go for this colour.

Marckhor,

Didnt realise you were buying an automatic. The price you paid is spot on, the automatics are in shorter supply than the manuals. Good luck with it, and loan cars can be fun ;)  

We dont have slimline plates in Sydney. Only premium plates (black on white) which dealers usually throw in as they only cost about $50.
What do slimline plates look like?[/b]
I ordered mine in pacific blue also:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Spot on. My friend came over for holidays and said that the car is "pure Sex". He's a Nissan dealer and he felt embarrassed.

I should have also asked for paint guard but I guess it'll do.

I tried asking for personalised plates from the dealer and he said that we have to get it down on our own with Vicroads. Is this true. Does this means that I have to pa twice. Once for slim plates and again for the personalised plates.

Yeah.....I do find the Penfold dealer rude but the service team is very friendly.

My car is scheduled to leave Jpn on 20 May. I presume we are in the same batch. I even have my VIN/chasis no. in hand now. Looking forward to run it around after hitting the 4000k mark. We should have a group cruise sometime soon then when all of us received our cars

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'How much shoud I bargain for?'

No you only pay for the plates once...cost you about $310 the pair slimline is free of charge...Thats the only cost involved

·
Registered
39 Posts

I went to Vicroads and enquired abt the plates. New price list just in....that they are writing it over the existing forms! The new updated forms are not even in yet!

Custom Plates: 3 letters $415, 3 letters and up to 2 numbers $415, other combis $310. Prices include slimline (if you wish) and Colored background.

To upgrade normal plates to slimline at your dealer will cost you $9.50 each plate. (so thats $19)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts