Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read numerous posts around here regarding dealers willing to deal down to $500 over invoice. Not around new England apparently.

I only found one dealer willing to deal down to $1000 over invoice on a Mazda 6s with Sport Package and Bose.

Another dealer wanted FULL MSRP

Another dealer 70 Miles away told me to "go for it" with Cars Direct if they are "willing to sell me a car that in-demand for only 700 over invoice."

An Auto-by-tel dealer in Connecticut told me that if I can find it for less than MSRP that I should buy it from that dealer and not him, because he was selling for MSRP.

Is it because it's it's been a while since the last shipment of the 6 to this region, and stock is low? It seems dealers think they are selling the new Z or something! The basic response I am getting from dealers is that this car is hard to find and in high demand. That if I order I will wait until June, so they refuse to budge on asking price.

I'm so turned off by the unwillingness of dealers to deal that I am considering turning my attention to the Altima. Should I just wait a month and see if things cool down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Reading Topic: How M

I paid $500 less than MSRP for 6S manual with BOSE and Sport, and I was lucky to get it. These things are impossible to find.

BTW, the Altima sucks....even at MSRP-$500, the 6s is a much better deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

If there are cars sitting unsold, on the lot, the car is not in demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Reading Topic: How M

Funny, there are NO Mazda6s 5speed manual in Phoenix AZ that are not sold.

edit: I should add with Sport Package.

I scoured allocations as well before I ordered mine. Nobody has anything coming in that is not already sold for at or close to MSRP. Definately try to get the best deal you can, and if you have the luxury of shopping around, good for you. But be aware that there are markets where the V6 + manual transmission combo is very hard to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MX6Victim


            I've read numerous posts around here regarding dealers willing to deal down to $500 over invoice.  Not around new England apparently.  

I only found one dealer willing to deal down to $1000 over invoice on a Mazda 6s with Sport Package and Bose.  

I'm so turned off by the unwillingness of dealers to deal that I am considering turning my attention to the Altima.  Should I just wait a month and see if things cool down?[/b]
You could also reconsider getting the Sport package and buy your own body kit. Would save you a boat load of $$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by moocat


            QUOTE
Originally posted by MX6Victim


            I've read numerous posts around here regarding dealers willing to deal down to $500 over invoice.  Not around new England apparently.  

I only found one dealer willing to deal down to $1000 over invoice on a Mazda 6s with Sport Package and Bose.  

I'm so turned off by the unwillingness of dealers to deal that I am considering turning my attention to the Altima.  Should I just wait a month and see if things cool down?[/b]
You could also reconsider getting the Sport package and buy your own body kit. Would save you a boat load of $$
[/b][/quote]

Getting the body painted and installed, not to mention getting your own set of 17 inch rims and tires, would add up to more than the sports package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

I guess it's a regional thing then. Next month, my are may be loaded with 5-speeds, while the midewest and west will be depleted, driving up prices. Maybe it goes in cycles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Phrosted


            If there are cars sitting unsold, on the lot, the car is not in demand.[/b]
There are a ton of unsold automatics with nothing or Sports package but no Bose. But Auto is also more expensive because it forces you to buy Side Airbags. The auto is smooth, but I don't think I want to pay more for something I don't even really want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

I noticed the same thing in New Hampshire. After my car comes in I'm going to try to avoid the Talarico dealerships. They really complained when I asked for money off the car. I paid about $1000 under MSRP for a fully loaded 6s 5spd. I've been waiting since the end of Dec. and the due date has been pushed back for the third time to mid-May. The sales manager kept lying to me about the date of delivery so I finally called Mazda. The sales manager even had the nerve to pull me aside and tell me that if they didn't get all 10's on the dealer satisfaction form that they get in trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

Yea those Mazda sales man can be total jerks! Guess they just want to capitialize on on hot car ;) A good tatic to use on the salesman is 'sales quota' Some dealers have white boards showing each sales persons forcast. use this to your advantage!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

I got mine at dealer invoice thanks to the Ford Partnership program with my employer. $20,755 before trade in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

I don't know but I think the 6s manual is in higer demand everywhere except in san jose, ca. I checked my local dealers inventory and they have tons of 6s manuals. Am I wrong or is this really weird?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

If you checked on the inventory in person, then, yes, that is really weird. However, if you looked on line at the mazda website, that is not unusual because the inventory lists posted do not actually reflect what is sitting on the lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

I'd definitely tell the MSRP guys to kiss my *ss. I actually had extra money to buy a G35 Coupe instead of a 6 but Infiniti lost the sale for that very reason.

I got mine (6s 5spd) for $575 over including the BS doc fees ($350 over plus $225 doc). I would have gone AT MOST $1000 over. After driving the car I feel that $1000 would have been fair.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

i just ordered mine.
2003 Mazda6s 220hp V6
glacier silver metallic
leather package
bose sound package
5 speed auto
sports package
comfort package
wheel locks
i got it for $414 over invoice and the dealership is paying one of my lease payments which is $350
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MX6Victim


            QUOTE
Originally posted by Phrosted


            If there are cars sitting unsold, on the lot, the car is not in demand.[/b]
There are a ton of unsold automatics with nothing or Sports package but no Bose. But Auto is also more expensive because it forces you to buy Side Airbags. The auto is smooth, but I don't think I want to pay more for something I don't even really want.[/b][/quote]

i ordered an auto without side airbags
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?

i got it for about 1400€ over invoice.400€ from a month discount, and I was waiting for a 1.8 and the dealer ofer me a 2.0 1000€ less because was refused by other client ( mad sure.... ) total 22.000€.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How Much Over Invoice is Too Much?'

I just got my Sepang Green Mazda 6 s last week for almost $1000 under invoice. That's with the Bose and appearance package.. I thought that was a pretty good deal.. Time to ZOOM ZOOM now!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top