Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How much is the regular spoiler as an accessory'

Well, my dealer has started to add them to some of the cars on his lot. Dealer added option price (hang on to something) $595 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yeah, the dealer wanted $700 to put a spoiler on my Accord when I bought it. Crazy stuff they're chargin.

·
Registered
231 Posts

500 US?!? That is ridiculous. I was quoted 500 bucks Australian (worth 56c US$).

Seriously anyone who won't do a wing for free (a couple hudred dollars maximum) does not want your business. Tell him 'such and such' will do it for free and see what he does. Theres no sense doing buisness with someone who does not want your business.

Best strategy is to go in with a list of everything you want and just negotiate on the final price.

Granted the supplier has supply and demand on his side at the moment, in most countries, but even so the salesman obviously wants the commission. When push comes to shove he will do a deal to get the commission. You just have to be firm. Go back a couple of times and talk to different salespeople. Ask to speak to the manager or head salesman. Try several dealers and put down their final prices. No one wants to lose a car sale to someone across town.

Buying a car is stressful but fun.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah - an idea would be to bargain on the deal. When a price is finalized, tell them to slap a spoiler on it. No? Okay, bye.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.