Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit curious. I have a 2012 Black Mazda 6 i Touring, 13k Miles, painted calipers, plug and play HID lights, LED interior lights and aftermarket back up sensor system.

How much do you think they'll give if I trade it in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
FWIW: my 2009 i grand touring fully loaded with nav with 30k miles i was given $15k on trade in (with 1 accident on carfax), otherwise i probably wouldve gotten closer to $20k with clean carfax.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Use KBB and NADA guides as a reference when going into negotiations. I've traded in a couple cars over the years and it never lands on exactly what it's supposed to be worth. The point is make sure the deal overall is a good one. Example:

When I traded in my MSP for the MS6 2 years ago, I got the price of the MS6 down to $16k from their advertised price of $18,500 (stock, 38k miles) and haggled the trade-in of the MSP to $6,500. I only owed $3,800 on the MSP, so I rolled $2,700 of positive equity towards the MS6. This, coupled with a down payment meant I was only actually financing about $12k (after taxes, fees, etc). So it all comes down to how the total deal works out and if it works for your personal scenario. As I've always told friends and family: never roll over negative equity onto a new car. You're only sinking yourself deeper in debt when that happens.

And oh yeah, remember that when trading a car in, aftermarket modifications are either ignored or it devalues it...usually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts