Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a wondering what evryone has paid for a replacement clutch for the mazda 6, 4 and 6 cyl.
and what brand clutch. I paying 175.00 for a stock replacment diakin/exeddy clutch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the part is the cheapest component in that job...

·
Registered
281 Posts
120$ clutch and flywheel replaced

·
Registered
120 Posts
$425 for a clutch replacement including parts and labor? Sh#T, I'll drive to wherever that shop is. My last clutch ('98 Altima) ran $1,200 and that was a good deal...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am paying 500 to have a Clutchmasters stage 2 clutch installed. That doesn't include re-surfacing the flywheel. I am still deciding if I want to replace it with a ligher one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
it's not hard...just ALOT of labor involved.. i mean you ARE separating the motor from the transmission

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am paying 500 to have a Clutchmasters stage 2 clutch installed. That doesn't include re-surfacing the flywheel. I am still deciding if I want to replace it with a ligher one.[/b]
That would be an extreamly large post thare is a lot to do. decied to do the job myself took 6hrs to pull the trans. Mainly because I didn't know how to. The basics are pull both axles drop the subframe disconect the electical connectors and unbolt the transmition. I have mine lying on the floor of my heated garage. Man I love haveing a heated garage. :nana:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just got quoted $1080 by my dealer for parts and labor... is that a good/bad/average deal? Would i be better off buying the parts myself and getting a local mechanic for the job??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your dealer looks competitive, but it's always a good idea to shop around between shops that you trust. As mentioned above, I paid $1,200 for a clutch job in my old Altima that included a 2 year 24K mile warranty on parts and labor.

BTW, how many miles did you get out of your clutch?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Your dealer looks competitive, but it's always a good idea to shop around between shops that you trust. As mentioned above, I paid $1,200 for a clutch job in my old Altima that included a 2 year 24K mile warranty on parts and labor.
BTW, how many miles did you get out of your clutch?[/b]

yeah i wanted to do some looking around first...

well i'm at 46k right now, so not as much as i wanted to, although i do ride it kind of hard... a lot of starts out of second because 1st is a pain to shift into unless i'm completely stopped. it's only slipping a bit at the moment, so i may get a few more thousand before it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just found a better price for the labor... $729 including install and resurfacing of flywheel. add $380 for cluchmaster stage 1 from RPm...... final cost is $1109 so.. that's $29 more than the dealer but i get a clutchmaster rather than a stock....
how does that sound? a few other places i checked were way more than that for a stock replacement....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just found a better price for the labor... $729 including install and resurfacing of flywheel. add $380 for cluchmaster stage 1 from RPm...... final cost is $1109 so.. that's $29 more than the dealer but i get a clutchmaster rather than a stock....
how does that sound? a few other places i checked were way more than that for a stock replacement....[/b]
Why do you need to replace your clutch if your car is only 3 years old? Do you race it alot? Or are you just upgrading?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No not to replace the flywheel trying to resurface the flywheel. 120 for daikin clutch.[/b]

120 for daikin clutch where are you guys getting this prices from? who sells them? RPM cheapest clotch is like 370 or so, and then I have to buy a lighter fly wheel might ass well. are these daikin cluches any good?

Another question whats the difference as far as durability, and performance on a OEM replacement and A stage 1 clutch. and what about the stage 2 or 3 what do I gain/loose with those? I am bit new to the clutch market so I am just trying to get familiarized a little bit.

It seems to me that the 6 it's a clutch eater(people reporting 3 in less than 80k miles thats insane), my civic never had this problems and God a beat the crap out of that car daily.

Are there like combos of A clutch and lighter flywheel, available? somewhere around 500 or less?

What if I get a stage 2 clutch masters, will it last for at least 50K

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealership quoted me 1300 to 1400 for a stock clutch job...ugh! But with a 05 6S do you have to pull the motor or could you pull everything from the bottom?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts