Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first brand new car, before this car, I did all the oil changes. Being this is a new car, I do my oil changes myself as well.
Me:
Walmart Motorcraft syn-blend 5w20 ~$8
Dealer: oil filter ~$6
$14

How much do you pay for a dealer to do your oil change? Some people get a discount/coupon. where from?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
This is my first brand new car, before this car, I did all the oil changes. Being this is a new car, I do my oil changes myself as well.
Me:
$14

How much do you pay for a dealer to do your oil change? Some people get a discount/coupon. where from?
[/b]

dealership sends me 9.99 coupons, well worth it imo

·
Registered
276 Posts
19 + tax @ the dealer - this also includes tire rotatation - all from the dealer coupon either by snail mail or email (website).

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
wether i am smart and remember to keep reciepts or not is more of the question. lol. but i have always changed it myself. with the two exceptions where i got it done for free at the dealership. but it 43k miles, thats only been a tiny fraction of the time. ;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mine is free for life from dealer. Part of package when I bought the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Me:
$14

[/b]

I pay about 30 dollars. If I did it myself it would be cheaper but personally that is the last thing I want to do at the end of the day after work On top of that living in an apartment their is not much room for that and I have not stands or jack so the dealer can mess with it. Plus they give me a free car wash every time I take it in which I normally pay 7 dollars for for the do it your self or 9 for the automatic. so about 21-23 dollars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$12.95 coupon from the dealership-
They supply the filter and the labor-
I supply the German made Castrol Syntec- ~$33.00

Total cost ~$45.00

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Just remember to keep ALL reciepts. If anything happens to your engine, they will require them. If you can't provide the reciepts, they will not honor your warranty

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Dealer... $22.95 or $24.95 + tax. Always with coupon.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
$24.00 and some change at my friends shop. He keeps a detailed file in the comp. of all the work he does and also stamps my book.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
$27 at Ford Dealer. I think all ford dealers carry 5W20 Motorcraft Syn Blend in bulk, and use MC filters.

Local Mazda dealers didn't carry MC oil, but I recently found that regular penzoil and other 5W20 brands meet the same Ford spec for MC 5W20 synth blend oil.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
$42 plus tax for Mobil1 and Purolator Oil Filter. I do it myself, mostly, otherwise I get a local mecahnic to do the labor for another $15.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me:
$14

[/b]
So your Walmart must not carry MC filters? All the ones locally carry the MC filters for just slightly over $3 as well as the Motorcraft 5W20 oil. The last time they even had 5 quart jugs of the MC oil.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Me:
$14

[/b]
When I was using Motorcraft syn-blend 5w-20 I was paying $1.79/quart at Wally World. You're only paying $1.33, what's up with that???? My filter was $3.50 Motorcraft FL820S so the total was $14.24+tax My Dealer was charging me about $24.

I switched to Mobil 1 this last time and it was a bit more. Oil and filter (FL820S) at Autozone ran $42 including tax. On a positive note, I got my best gas mileage ever after changing to full synthetic
Write up here----> http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...90&#entry686505

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
32 Participants
skapunkfoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing