Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of pulling the trigger on new tires and rims this weekend, then the cat-back next month before TWS at the start of Dec.

Thinking of these:

http://www.wheelrack.com/servlet/CallJsp?t...&colorInd=5

Cheap and look okay but I won't kill myself cost wise if I go off course and dent one. I'm just trying to remember how much the stockers weigh, I seem to recall 24.4lbs, so this would save like 4lbs per corner :)

Anyone point me to the thread or know off hand?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
23.5 lbs. per wheel.
[/b]
Do you know what the stock offset is? The wheels I'm looking at have a +48mm and I'm going to run either 225 45s or 235 40s. Think I'll have an issue with rubbing?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do you know what the stock offset is? The wheels I'm looking at have a +48mm and I'm going to run either 225 45s or 235 40s. Think I'll have an issue with rubbing?

Thanks in advance
[/b]
The stock wheels have +55 offset. I'm running 18X7.5 with +48 offset and 225/40 tires. The tires stick out about 1/2" more than stock. I don't have my fender rolled and I don't have rubbing so far.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock wheels have +55 offset. I'm running 18X7.5 with +48 offset and 225/40 tires. The tires stick out about 1/2" more than stock. I don't have my fender rolled and I don't have rubbing so far.
[/b]
Awesome, thanks! BTW, you you happen to have a pic of the 1/2" additional width? I'd like to see as it looks like as our wheels and tires will be close. Also, do you have Nav? If so, have you had to do any BIOS setup since switching wheels?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Awesome, thanks! BTW, you you happen to have a pic of the 1/2" additional width? I'd like to see as it looks like as our wheels and tires will be close. Also, do you have Nav? If so, have you had to do any BIOS setup since switching wheels?
[/b]

This is the best shot I have.
Sorry I don't have nav. Nav wasn't an option in Canada for the 06. You can get it in 07 now.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry I don't have nav. Nav wasn't an option in Canada for the 06. You can get it in 07 now.
[/b]
Sweet, those look cool! I'll post pics once I get this done, should be this weekend, assuming NTB has them in stock, their website says the location next to me does!

Thanks man!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

[/b]
do u have a pic of the rims while looking at the side of the whole car? are those gun metal gray? Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
do u have a pic of the rims while looking at the side of the whole car? are those gun metal gray? Thanks
[/b]
I almost forgot that I posted a few pic here already.

Yeah the spokes are gun metal, the lip is polished.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cool wheels, now all you need is new springs to drop it an inch :)
[/b]
Yeah, I thought about that. But the front bumper is so low that I scraped the bottom plastic twice already. Both times I was going extremely slow off ramp. I think I prefer a car that I can live with than just the look.
If I drop the car I probably have to avoid all parking lot with steep ramp. I'm quite paranoid already parking my car in crowded parking lot. I got a door ding already luckily I got the dent out with no damage the the paint at all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I thought about that. But the front bumper is so low that I scraped the bottom plastic twice already. Both times I was going extremely slow off ramp. I think I prefer a car that I can live with than just the look.
If I drop the car I probably have to avoid all parking lot with steep ramp. I'm quite paranoid already parking my car in crowded parking lot. I got a door ding already luckily I got the dent out with no damage the the paint at all.
[/quote

I hear that. Even with my driveway (click my name to see) I nose out at anything over 5mph.

But with the TWS event coming up (and the ones after this one), I will eventually put new springs on. My thought is wheels/tires, then Catback, then springs. I've already got the MS CAI, it's just a slow progression, basically what my wife won't freak on :)

Cheers

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would love to put in CAI or do something with the exhaust in the future. However, I do like the sleeper look and sound of the car. I had a close call from getting pulled over the other day. The cop picked the riced out integra instead :D .
I'm quite happy with the stock performance and I think the stock form will save my ass again some time. If I'm gonna do something to the car. It will be very subtle.

But yeah, have fun with the springs. I thought the car handles pretty good already for being such a pig, a good pig ;) . I can't even imagine how it will handle after being lowered.

May be you can tell your wife that the car is broken and it's gonna need to replace some parts whenever you want to upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts