Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much did you end up paying for your 6i or 6s? please explain what options you had on your car as well... i am seriously lookin to buy this car but i was wondering how much everyone else paid for theirs...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'how much did you pay for yours?'

Mine is the 6s w/ auto, sport package, comfort package, moonroof, leather, BOSE... sticker price was $25,795. I paid $23,500 plus tax & fees, so the total after everything is ~$24,500.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: how much did you pay for yours?

I got a 6s w/ auto, sports package, comfort package, moonroof, leather, homelink mirror.. MSRP was $25,500. I paid $22,800 plus antoher $2100 in tax, title, license.

·
Registered
32 Posts

wow, those are two very good deals.

I paid 23,300 w/3.7% financing for:

-6s (V6) in Redfire metallic
-Auto
-Leather/comfort
-Bose
-Moonroof
-a few other small accessories (all weather mats, wheel locks, cargo tray

It stickered at 24,965. Similar cars with the sport package sticker at over 26K as far as I know.

·
Registered
26 Posts

CzechMate,

Glad to see a fellow Charlottean here! What dealership did you get yours from, if you don't mind my asking. Did you get it here in Charlotte? I've been to both Montgomery and Harrelson Mazda and wasn't too impressed with the lack of knowledge and lack of desire to even sell a car of the salesmen at both dealerships (4 of the 5 salesmen that I dealt with at both dealerships). I was considering checking out the dealerships in Gastonia, Shelby, Rock Hill, Hickory, and Concord. I'm even mulling the thought of traveling to Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem. My only concern is that the S.C. dealerships may operate differently from the N.C. dealerships. Plus, N.C.'s comsumer laws are pretty good (e.g. no balloon payment on my current GMAC SmartBuy (aka mistake)--not allowed in North Carolina, so my payments remain the same).

·
Registered
25 Posts

I just want to know how you guys worked them down so much on the sticker price with all those options included when this a brand new, newly released vehicle? My local dealer is telling me that for a 6s, sports package, bose upgrade with the leather, heated seats, moonroof, dimming mirror with compass, and auto trans would go for $26,450. That's a big difference between what you guys paid for your cars. Could any of you guys, preferably all of you tell me how you bargain with the sales people to work a deal like you got? I seriously want a 6 but I have to wait till June for my 25th b-day. Living in Philly is hard on your pockets when it comes to auto insurance, but that 25 mark is a huge drop. Please let me know your secrets, I'm plent far from you that I won't be dipping in your pool.
Thanks fellas!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Im also curious as to how you guys were able to get basically invoice pricing on the 6. I havent heard of dealers doing this unless you have s-plan or "know somebody" :)

I ordered a Lapis Blue 6s, 5sp, leather, moonroof, comfort package, sport package, cassette/CD, homelink/compass mirror, mazda6 car cover, mazda wheel locks and destination @ 22,275 exactly (s-plan)

Ask your HR at your job or your parents job and see if they are in the program. You never know!

·
Registered
212 Posts

Originally posted by UNCCMAN

CzechMate,

Glad to see a fellow Charlottean here!  What dealership did you get yours from, if you don't mind my asking.  Did you get it here in Charlotte?  I've been to both Montgomery and Harrelson Mazda and wasn't too impressed with the lack of knowledge and lack of desire to even sell a car of the salesmen at both dealerships (4 of the 5 salesmen that I dealt with at both dealerships).  I was considering checking out the dealerships in Gastonia, Shelby, Rock Hill, Hickory, and Concord.  I'm even mulling the thought of traveling to Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem.  My only concern is that the S.C. dealerships may operate differently from the N.C. dealerships.  Plus, N.C.'s comsumer laws are pretty good (e.g. no balloon payment on my current GMAC SmartBuy (aka mistake)--not allowed in North Carolina, so my payments remain the same).[/b]
Hey, UNCC guy! I went to UNCC! Anyway, I bought it at Montgomery Mazda, the saleswoman's name was Carolyn Davis and even though I obviously knew more about the car than she did, I thought she did OK. My family has bought from them before and they've always treated us well.

Stay away from Harrelson!!! Those people rip you off so bad it's not even funny. When my parents were buying their Tribute, we went to Harrelson first. They had a $1000 markup on all Tributes (some enviromental protection and market adjustment charges). Then they flat out lied to us about the price - said one thing, then turned around and the price was higher! So we went to Montgomery and ended up paying invoice, which is also pretty much what I paid for my 6.

Of course, that was my experience, your mileage may vary :)

·
Registered
212 Posts

Originally posted by djredbrownie

I just want to know how you guys worked them down so much on the sticker price with all those options included when this a brand new, newly released vehicle?  My local dealer is telling me that for a 6s, sports package, bose upgrade with the leather, heated seats, moonroof, dimming mirror with compass, and auto trans would go for $26,450.  That's a big difference between what you guys paid for your cars.  Could any of you guys, preferably all of you tell me how you bargain with the sales people to work a deal like you got?  I seriously want a 6 but I have to wait till June for my 25th b-day.  Living in Philly is hard on your pockets when it comes to auto insurance, but that 25 mark is a huge drop.  Please let me know your secrets, I'm plent far from you that I won't be dipping in your pool.
Thanks fellas!![/b]
Well, I guess I had the benefit of having dealt with the dealership before. But what I'd do is get the invoice price from www.edmunds.com and just go there and tell them that this is what you're willing to pay. Now I got a $500 college rebate, so really I paid $24,000 (sticker was $25,795, invoice about $23,400). But $600 over invoice is still not bad. You gotta make it clear that:

1) You like the car but are also considering other makes/models
2) You're willing to go elsewhere (i.e. other dealers or the Internet)
3) You don't need the car right away and will wait until they are ready to make a deal

Good luck!

·
Registered
791 Posts

Got mine for $400 over invoice - $500 grad rebate. Dealer threw in a full tank of gas and two sodas with the $25 processing fee. My only option was the emissions package.

That's $17,200 before tax, tags, and such.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Me: "Can I test drive that silver one?"

Car-salesman-guy-with-black-eye-and-white-leather-shoes (I'm not joking):"Yes" (gets keys)

Me: "Say, this is one terrific car"

CSGWBEAWLS: (Yawning, alcohol breath permeates the car) "Yeah".

Me: "Should I get the Bose and leather?"

CSGWBEAWLS: "Sure, whatever."

Me: "Let's go back to the dealership"

...later

Me: "Say, I like that loaded red one over there, what's your best price".

CSGWBEAWLS: "I'll ask the boss".

...ten minutes later...

CSGWBEAWLS: "23,300"

Me: "How about 23K"

CSGWBEAWLS: "No"

Me: "OK, I'll take it!"

I'm not exactly a tough customer.... However, the above is a very accurate depiction of the actual transaction. It was almost like he wasn't really interested in selling a car that morning.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: how m

i paid out the door....23,300
got a 6i with auto, leather, moonroof, bose system, comfort package, premium package, sport package, cassette player, and all weather floor mats. Got a 4.15% financing rate too. Also, based on edmunds and carsdirect, it seems like the TMV and the such in this area (DC metro area) is MSRP.
-Yasir

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Although the TMV is a pretty good estimate of what you could expect to pay.. Don't go in there with the idea that price they give will be the best price you can get. If a dealership wants to move the car they will. I had an online quote from a dealer that gave me a price of $300 over invoice. This dealer was in town, but had to order the car for me, meaning a wait time of 3 months.

With this quote, I walked into a local dealership and talked with the salesman who quickly tried to sell me the same car for MSRP, explaining that the car is in high demand and wont go for anything less. This is a flat out lie as you can see by the othes on this board that they aren;t paying anything close to MSRP.

Starting with MSRP, the salesmen then went back and only gave me an extra $500 off bringing it down to $24,950 (MSRP was $25, 450). I told the dealer that I was getting much lower prices elsewhere and told him a got a quote of $300 over invoice or $23,300.

The salesman then went to talk to his sales manager again, who promptly came in to greet me and said that she couldn't let this car go for anything less than $23,700 (A quick jump from the $24,950 she started from). I told her that there is now a $600 discrepency between her price and the dealer down the road.

After she said she wound not budge any more, I thanksed both the salesman and the sales manager for their time and walked out the door. I got to my car door and began to unlock the door when I heard my name called from the office entrance. Sure enough it was the sales manager, who explained that she wanted to sell me a car today. Taking me back to the office, she said she would match the quote and sell me the car they had in stock. Remember -- I had showed the dealer NOTHING on paper about this deal.. she had no idea if I was telling the truth or not...

The agreed upon purchase price was $23,300. I was even able to finance through the dealership as well getting an APR at 4.99% for 60 months.

The one thing that I had int he back of my head was that I am within 2 years of graduation and qualify for the $500 discount from Mazda. The $23,300 price tag minus the $500 discount brought the actual purchase price $200 below invoice.

The idea is to talk to the dealer and let them know you WANT to buy a car. Once they know that, they will try their hardest to sell you THEIR car with THEIR name on it then have you go down the road to the compeition.

_Abs

·
Registered
26 Posts

CzechMate,

That's cool that you're also a 49er! We're not having too good of a season right now. Anyway, thanks for the advice on which dealership to go to here. Ironically, the only one out of the 5 salesmen that I worked with knew anything about the car was actually at Harrelson. He was actually pretty cool. He even knew about the 6MPS and was clear about all the cars options. He actually enjoyed his job. Todd something. I also know about them trying to jack you on the price, though. The internet manager there wanted me to get a car on my first test drive and then wanted to feed me this garbage about how the prices were going to go up after Mazda's ad campaign kicked off. I asked him about the sports grille, and then SHOWED IT TO HIM, and he still really had no idea what the deal was with it. So much for Louis F. Harrelson's low price guarantee. I guess it only applies to Fords. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'how much did you pay for yours?'

Well, I will definitely save this thread and use this when I finally do decide to purchase one. I have to wait at least 6 months till my 25th b-day for the auto insurance break and since I'm waiting that long I might as well wait for the 2nd year models to come out. Kind of iffy purchasing a brand new model. I'd rather them work out some bugs and then purchase the 2nd or 3rd year of production. But seriously I appreciate the advice and insight on bargaining. GOOD LUCK with all your new babies fellas!!!!! Hope to talk to you all on a regular basis.

·
Registered
238 Posts

I did all my pricing research at Edmunds.com, KBB.com and the Mazda site. I went to one dealer and they told me the price would be MSRP $26,375 + tax and title on the 6s w/sport package, automatic, moonroof, leather, Bose, side airbags/side air curtains, wheel locks, and the comfort package. I walked out. I went to another dealer and told them I would not pay MSRP and they asked what do I want to pay. I told them $500 over invoice $24,353 + tax and title. They said $1000 I said $750. But they wouldn't waiver. So I put a deposit on the car to hold it. Then I called where a friend of mine had just purchased a Tribute. I spoke with that salesman she had dealt with and told him I had test driven the car and that I had a written quote for $500 over invoice. He said he would match it. So I went there Saturday and my Steel Gray 6s should arrive in a week to ten days. If you are up front with the dealer they will usually accommodate you. $500 over invoice benefits us both, they still make a profit and have a customer who for one is happy and two will recomend them to friends.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts