Mazda 6 Forums banner

How many miles are on your 6i Odometer?

95K views 375 replies 246 participants last post by  doitmymazda6self 
#1 ·
Well, I've got 119,520.

I purchased it, used, with 106,000 miles on it. It has been great.
So far, no problems, what-so-ever with this car. My dad is a bit jealous. :p

I'm just interested in how many miles other people have on their odometer's.

Cheers, Garrett

#8 ·
05 hatch with 95,xxx bought in 06 with 16,000 on it only issue so far was the auto belt tensioner...just kept up maint and replaced parts for fun...holding up great.

#10 ·
70k on my 06 6i, bought it with 62 miles on the ODO. No major issues, its a very reliable car. My gas mileage has dropped from 35mpg to 27mpg and I am not sure why. Ethanol maybe???

#13 ·
I have a 2003 6i automatic purchased new. I am the original owner. I had 187292 the last time I checked the odometer. I haven't had any trouble so far just reg. maintenance. The car has been garaged and all of the miles are highway miles for the most part. Looking to get at least another 50K

#48 ·
Very impressive. My old Mazda 626 (V6) had 196xxx miles till it was to charity. Bought 08 Mazda 6i with 224xx miles, now 300xx, so far so good

I have a 2003 6i automatic purchased new. I am the original owner. I had 187292 the last time I checked the odometer. I haven't had any trouble so far just reg. maintenance. The car has been garaged and all of the miles are highway miles for the most part. Looking to get at least another 50K

#15 · (Edited)
121k miles on my 05 6i ATX :D

Just maintenance mostly. The passenger seat back adjustment latch did break/got loose a couple of times though.

Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 every 7500 miles
Mazda ATF-MV every 15k
Top-tier gas
Mazda orange coolant
Original brake pads :eek:
3rd set of tires

Going to replace the following this week in addition to the normal stuff and looking forward to the next 120k miles:
Stoptech PosiQuiet pads
Serpentine belt, tensioner, idler pulley
Water pump
Radiator cap
Thermostat
Upper and lower radiator hoses
Spark plug wires and plugs
Power steering fluid

#17 ·
'05 6i MTX. Bought 12/07 with 42,000 miles. Dropped it off yesterday at dealer for last minute minor extended warranty stuff @ 99,900 miles. BTW, I get about 31 MPG with Tanabe exhaust, timing advanced, air box mod, and K&N panel filter...

#18 ·
123,000 on my '04 6i, it had 300 when I bought it in january of '05. The only thing that has been done is having a caliper replaced at about 10,000 miles because the shim was hitting the rotor, other than that, runs great!

#21 ·
Over 141K on my 2003 6i MTX, bought new with 5 miles on it!

Very reliable on the whle, with just synthetic fluids.

Issues so far
100K or so - Alternator
CV Boots once each of the fronts
CV Axles once for the left and twice for the right
Changed rear brakes once (still had life at 120K+) and fronts twice (OEMs were not dead at 50K)
And today - radiator, hoses etc. Expensive, but all things considered, should extend the life of the car :)

Plan to hold on to it for a while longer, still get great highway mileage (30-31)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.