Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to put a poll up but didn't work... anyhow, please say yes or no, describe the problem if able. thanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
no. (M6s 3.0V6)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
A thread against the CPE Mafci? That's something new, but definitely worth asking. I'm planning to switch from my lowsy K&N in the Summer any reasons not to?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had some problems when I installed it, turns out the Customizer box (I think) was bad, CPe sent me a new one and not a single problem since!

2005 6i ATX here

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I had a little problem in the beginning, ended up being a dirty MAF sensor, nothing related to CPE. Since then, it's one of my favorite mods!!

'03 6i

·
Registered
747 Posts
Why would a Speed6 owner care? Or are you just trolling for another excuse to bash non-speed owners? :rolleyes:

non-speed6's are old people cars, as they should be, slow as turtles :laugh:
[/b]

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ya...I had problems with it at first........but somehow........everything is fine now...strange eh?......:Knock On Wood: I have No Idea why the RPM was racing back and forth. ahh well.... But No matter what ...I STILL LOVE IT! :love: :drool:

2003 Mazda6i

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
We have had no issues with ours, both are V6's. Then of course we soldered instead of using scotch blocks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
The only problem I had with mine was being bent backwards underneath my dash while installing the piggyback unit. :laugh:

Oh, and my OEM tires have a major problem with the CPE MAFci.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My pipe came with a few dings in it, which was bad cause I was planning on having my intake pipe plated.
Josh fromCP-e exchanged my pipe out, no problem!

[attachmentid=17888][attachmentid=17889]

I love what the MAF-ci does for my M6s!

---Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my personal experience.

had issues with it from the get-go. even drove all the way to cp-e to have my setup looked at, and was told everything worked fine. soon engine began stalling at most inopportune times (highway, etc). later, motor started to knock.. when taken to the dealer, found out my motor was dead, and needed to be swapped.

looking at all the feedback, seems like the kit's caused issues with many others. nice gesture of cp-e to replace the black-box (which they didn't do for me, even though i drove all the way from michigan to east-coast)

happy to be in my speed6 now, but unlike many others that swear by the kit, and firmly believe it's perfect, i have my doubts. just trying to be objective here.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Not a single problem.

You are not going to find any different of a problem with this then you would wth ANY other intake system unless the problem is related to the customizer box itself. Beyond the box having an error in it or malfuntioning. There should be no problem as long as you actually know what the hell you are doing and install it right.. (which I think is 90% the reason when people say something is wrong: 10%, product error. 90%, they think they are a mechanic because they watched fast and the furious 4 times in a row and have every SPEED TV show tivo'd)

I've had mine on my 05 6i for some time and not a single problem at all. But here in a few weeks the entire thing is coming off and won't be used anymore anyways. Which I am selling to another member for like $100 if he is still interested, because I have other things to be excited about on my car right now then making a profit off a used MAFCI system..lol

my personal experience.

had issues with it from the get-go. even drove all the way to cp-e to have my setup looked at, and was told everything worked fine. soon engine began stalling at most inopportune times (highway, etc). later, motor started to knock.. when taken to the dealer, found out my motor was dead, and needed to be swapped.

looking at all the feedback, seems like the kit's caused issues with many others. nice gesture of cp-e to replace the black-box (which they didn't do for me, even though i drove all the way from michigan to east-coast)

happy to be in my speed6 now, but unlike many others that swear by the kit, and firmly believe it's perfect, i have my doubts. just trying to be objective here.
[/b]
So basically. The only point of this thread was to bash CP-e. even though you are not even using any of their products anymore? makes sense. :sarc:

It sucks you had problems. But, considering all they have done for the 6 in the way of aftermarket parts. You can't really knock them. They are out there designing and trying to perfect parts for our car, So we can have perfomance options when wanting to upgrade, When few companies would even give our cars a second glance.

Again, It sucks you had so many problems. So you have a right to be pissed. thats not cool at all when shit goes wrong.. Sometimes products do fuck up, if that was the case.

You won't find an automotive product being made that doesn't have atleast a small handfull of people talking shit about them...
CP-e knows what they are dong. So I beleive them if they said they didn't find anything wrong upon looking at it. They are not out to scam you man. If they know something is wrong. They will be the first to admit it and apologize then fix the problem. Which they have always done when it's happened to other members.

Remember. You could have fucked up the install and be to blame just as easy and you are to blame them. Dont' get me wrong. I'm not trying to talk shit or be a dick.
Just saying, Not everyone that pretends to be a mechanic and work on thir cars, actually is or knows what they are doing.

I personally have had nothing but the best experience when dealing with anyone over at Custom Performance.

·
Registered
747 Posts
my personal experience.

[/b]
Aren't there inherent problems with your beloved speed6 before any modifications? What about that whole "power loss" recall episode?

for example, http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=56346

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
CPE has been great... my intake didn't have the badge as it was bought used and they sent me one free of charge :)

No problems here, 2005 6i

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Aren't there inherent problems with your beloved speed6 before any modifications? What about that whole "power loss" recall episode?

for example, http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=56346
[/b]
Why do you keep jabbing at him?

He asked a legit question...to see if anyone else had any issues. I for one havent run across any but its interesting how some people had issues with the black box.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Why do you keep jabbing at him?

He asked a legit question...to see if anyone else had any issues. I for one havent run across any but its interesting how some people had issues with the black box.
[/b]
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I dont want to sound like a jerk (god knows people are itching to ban me) but it just seems like he jumped in here to badmouth him instead of add knowledge to the thread?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts