Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how loud is the M6 v6 on the road at the highest rpm? can u only hear the engine? or do u also hear the outside noise?
have anybody driven a camry v6? is the inside of the car as quiet as that?

thx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How loud?'

I have the 6s and when you pound the gas you hear everything. I is a good beffy sound. I just wish I had a cat back to add more tone to the car.:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: How loud?

If you're looking for a quiet, completely road-isolating car, the 6 isn't it. At cruise, this is one of the smoothest, quietest cars I've ever ridden in. When provoked though, the motor lets you know its there.

I never drove a Camry when considering buying the 6. Two completely different personalities, and I doubt many Camry lovers would swap for a 6 & vice versa.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I had a Camry v6 as a loaner for a week, when my dodge stealth was in the shop. The 6s is definately louder at high RPM, though not by much. The real difference is the suspension. The camry felt like a boat. The 6 is almost as firm as the stealth.

·
Registered
791 Posts

My wife drives a 2002 Camry i4. Road noise in the '6 is almost as quiet, but you definately (and intentionally!) hear the engine in the '6. The car does communicate with you.

Is it intrusive? I don't think so. Set the cruise on the highway and the engine stays quiet. Drop it to 4th gear and it'll come alive again. Likewise for around-town driving.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Personally, I love the way it sounds when it's cold. The first few minutes of driving are a little louder than normal driving, but it's a very nice tone that I wish was there all the time. Very aggressive with out being intrusive. My room mate has told me on more than one occasion he doesn't mind being awaken every morning by the noise of me leaving for work in the morning. His girlfriend, on the other hand, isn't so forgiving about being woken up ;) Tire squeal is optional.

Joe

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think the loudest sounds are the tires on the road. But that can be adjusted with a different set of tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hummm nice comments... damnit... i can't wait to get more millages on my eclipse to sell it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts