Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the factory fill with MT-90 but I've read a lot about MTL oxidizing parts and various crap. So I wanna know, how long have you used a single fluid? If you switch to Redline, drive 25K, change the fluid again with redline, drive another 25K...count that as 50K.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I started filling w/ MT-90 back just shy of 50K...I've replaced it once @ 80K...am currently @ 89K and plan on changing it every 30K

·
Registered
384 Posts
i had mt mtx90 from 80,000km all the way up til now at 175,000km...drained it...n it was still clean and new looking...but i replaced it with motul mtx...motul seems better quality n smoother by the looks of it...

·
Registered
680 Posts
There is almost no doubt in my mind that you could safely run MT90 for well over 50,000 miles.

Somewhere here I have posted a UOA of MT90 after 25,000 miles of use. It tested excellent. My current fill of MT90 has about 35,000 miles, and I will run another test on it some time this spring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is almost no doubt in my mind that you could safely run MT90 for well over 50,000 miles.

Somewhere here I have posted a UOA of MT90 after 25,000 miles of use. It tested excellent. My current fill of MT90 has about 35,000 miles, and I will run another test on it some time this spring.[/b]
I'm not really worried about the longevity of the fluid, I'll just change it when I feel the shift quality get bad. But I'm more worried about whether the fluid degrades the tranny in any way, if it has caused any blown trannies, etc

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
i've had it for about 15 000km and ZERO worries!

:yesnod:

looooove the stuff! the before and after is like night and day!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm not really worried about the longevity of the fluid, I'll just change it when I feel the shift quality get bad. But I'm more worried about whether the fluid degrades the tranny in any way, if it has caused any blown trannies, etc[/b]
Longevity and degredation go hand-in-hand. Oil testing is about the best way to know. MT90 will not blow up your tranny.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I've had my MT-90 in my car for about 75,000km total. I changed it from stock at 25,000km, drained and filled again at 50,000km, drained and filled again at 75,000km and I'm about due for another change now at my next oil change. I haven't mad any issues with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Mazda6sMtx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing