Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is exactly 1 year since I purchased my first Mazda 6 (first Mazda ever) and I still love it as much if not more than the day I bought it so that got me thinking, how long have other people owned theirs? What have you done to it? Do you still love it as much as when you bought it? Since I couldn’t find another thread like this I thought I’d start one.
P.S. pics make everything better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I bought my 07 6 exactly one year ago in Akron Ohio with 149k miles on it and have done quite a few mods.
Deleted the tb coolant lines,
Gutted the exhaust and installed a magnaflow muffler

Deleted the egr tube

Installed a crunch 1000watt amp with an OE Bose sub and 4 6.5” 3 way boss audio door speakers

Painted the OE wheels gloss black, evil m emblems, electroluminescent gauges, triple gauge dash pod trans cooler CAI painted engine cover and probably other little things I’m forgetting
IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0615.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
In 2014 I bought my first Mazda 6. It was a Touring with the Technology package. Loved that car. Circumstances changed and traded it in for an SUV a year later. Huge mistake. Couldn't wait for the day my lease ended. Second it ended, I went out and bought, not leased, my new 2018 6 in deep crystal blue in the touring model. No it's not the Turbo, but around the Tacoma/Seattle traffic that I drive in a turbo is utter waste of money, And the touring has a lot of the same standard equipment as the Grand Touring. Will be posting pics soon and keep you all Mazda 6 fans updated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had mine for a little over 2 months. I'm proud to say that I haven't done anything to it, as far as modifications go. With my previous two cars, I made around a dozen mods on each of them. But I feel that the 6 is perfect as-is, or at least close enough to perfect that I honestly can't think of any mod to make that would improve it.

It's already the best looking car on the road, it's comfortable, it's got a great stereo, nice and quiet, and plenty of power. What more could I need?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bought my 2006 Mazda 6i in early 2007. Trade it in February 2015 for a new 6.

So...almost 12 years now I’ve had a 6.

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
Bought my first 6 in early 2011, joined the forum later in the year, then bought the new one in Feb of 2013 so it will be over 8 years in Mazdas and 6 in my 3rd gen in a couple months :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Considering that the Mazda 626 was the 6's predecessor, I've owned a 6 most of my adult life.
My very first car was a 1989 626LX (2.0 8 valve) which I bought in 1997 and sold it in 2005 to drive my wife's 323, big mistake..

To fix that, I bought another 626LX (2.0 12 valve) in 2007 (a 1992) which I owned for only a few months before moving to Canada. Here is a pic after going through a mud pit at the beach.

In 2008 I bought a 2004 6 I4, basic with the 4 speed automatic transmission. Didn't get the V6 thinking it would use much more fuel, later discovered that I should've gone for the V6. Sold it on 2015.

Wanted my kids to learn how to drive standard so in 2016 bought a 2006 V6 GT Hatchback with every option available. Absolutely loved it, after discovering how fun the V6 was, I regretted owning an I4 for so many years.
Drove it for a while, until my oldest kid learned and got a good grip on driving stick. About 9 months ago I bought an SHO and parked the 6. I plan to put it back on the road in 2020 when my other kid gets his learner's license.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it after he learns how to drive, not worth selling it, awesome car for so little market value, time will tell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had my 2004 GG for just over 12 months and love it. Before that I had a Landcruiser GXL for a long time. This is so much easier to park and get around and I have working aircon now.
I don't think I can post a pic as I have not posted enough to do much and am trying to find out how to post, which at my age is hard to navigate.
Since having this car I haven't had to do too much, just cosmetic stuff like parcel shelf that was missing and I put weather shields on. I have purchased door lights with Mazda symbol in them from ebay which look pretty good. I thought I did not have a light in the glovebox until I was nearly upside down in the passenger side and then wondered where the switch was until I googled it and found out to just turn the car light switch on and yes it came on.
I purchased a new facia, headunit and all the cables so they would talk to each other (I read about this on another thread) and am still waiting for hubby to install it, its been 12 months so might just go to auto sparky to get it done
How have other people got there post numbers up so they can see everything, thanks in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my 2016 6 new in late February, 2016. I rolled 100K miles last week.

I still love the car. Still fun to drive, and I've had very few maintenance requirements. Not that I expect many in the first 2.5 years, despite the mileage. I had a warped rotor and had to replace front brakes, but that was nearly due anyways. Otherwise, it's just been an issue with the occupant sensor in the passenger seat, resulting in intermittent airbag or seatbelt alerts. This was addressed once under a recall, but the problem came back after about 12 months. Going back in tomorrow, hopefully they get it this time.

This is my third Mazda. I had 2010 3 sedan that I bought used back in 2014. That was a fine car, but definitely not as refined as the current generation. You could really feel the Ford influence.

When I was in college, I had a '97 Millenia that I loved. It was past its prime, but was still smooth, fast, reasonably tight, and had all the bells and whistles. Have had a soft spot for Mazdas ever since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
8 years!!! I’ve been in 3 accidents with and I have 190000 miles!!! I had some cheap good put on so you can see rosy spots and I get a Christmas tree the other day and messed my bumper up :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought the 2016 6GT on May 17, 2019 with 43k on the clock. Been really impressed with it so far, and I hope to continue to enjoy it for a very long time. I tend to hold on to my cars for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my 2010 I-Sport in late 09 new and still have it 129k later. I bought an 04 S version with a manual trans 5 years ago. It has 202k on it now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bought a 2017.5 black on black 6 GT 8 months ago. I can say I truly love this car.. never had this reaction to a vehicle before.. even named it Mistress. No mods as it is still under warranty and honestly nothing needs to be changed. This is my first Mazda and I regret all the years wasted driving other brands. It really felt like driving for the first time when I sat in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Bought used 2015 Mazda 6 Sport with 42k miles in late September last year. Now it has 59k miles and I’m loving it more and more everyday!

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I picked up 'ol blue back on July 28, 2017 so I've had my 2014 Touring ATX for just over two years now. I picked the car up with 98,700 miles on it so it was fairly high mileage, but still in great condition. The price was also pretty agreeable so I took the chance. I hadn't owned an ATX vehicle since the 90s but needed something better for my commute.

Two years later I just rolled over 138,000 miles. In her current state I'm running the current mods: OVT on 93 grade, Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust, Autoexe intake hose (lol), TRS LED headlights and foglights, Koni Yellow Sport shocks, Pioneer AVH-2330NEX with iDatalink Maestro RR, Kicker speakers all around except front doors, Kicker 8" self-contained subwoofer, interior LED swap. I've also added factory options that were available on other trims such as OE paddle shifters, OE foglight stalk, auto-dimming mirror, OE-style mudflaps and OE-style trunk lid spoiler.

Maintenance-wise the only unplanned issue has been a hydraulic belt tensioner that let go, I needed to replace the belts anyway so the timing sorta worked out. Other than that it's been all typical wear and tear items. In its current state I'm still getting mid-30 MPG while maintaining 80ish mph. I really dig this car, how it handles, how it looks, even the ATX operation. With the OV tune I'm finally satisfied with the motor performance/economy ratio. I might just have to get a newer 6 once this one bites the bullet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2016 Mazda 6 23,000 miles tanabe axle back , strut bar and drop in K&N filter car drives even better will Ceramic Coat because the paint in thin and I’m not trying to respray it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my 2014 less than a week ago. Bought with 208k miles on the clock and intend to take it to 300k and beyond. Bought it to replace my 2006 CR-V that had 337k on the clock and still ran strong. The CR-V was just quite bruised up and I am looking to move into the real estate sales world.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts