Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine's are at 45k mi now, I think it's about time to replace them even though it looks like there's still a couple thousand miles of life left in the tread.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
it depends on your driving habits, where you drive (highway vs. city), if you've taken care of them (balanced, rotated, etc.)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i think there is a thread about this that already exists you might want to look back on other pages to see if you can find it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine's are at 45k mi now, I think it's about time to replace them even though it looks like there's still a couple thousand miles of life left in the tread.
[/b]
Same here. About 44K right know. I'm looking at the Falken's Ziex 512 as a replacement. How about you?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm very hard on my tires. My stock Michelins were swaped at 30k mi, Had Michelin PS2s for 20k miles and now I'm on Bridgestone G009s.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As said before it all depends on how you drive and if you have rotated your tires regularly. Just becasue it says 60k doesnt mean it will always last 60k or 45k or whatever it may be. The big factor is how bad does the weather get during the winter in your area. I tend to run all season on my cars and make sure that when I switch them it is in the late fall. That way I still ahve a car in the spring. If you are looking for a year round tire then now might be the time to replace them, if your are looking for a summer tire then wait a bit and see what Santa might bring you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I only had mine on the car for 20K miles. I had a big cut in the sidewall of one, so I replaced all four. Two of the OEm Mich are in my garage as spares.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine had 32K...uh, burned em bald. Those were among the worst tires I'd ever owned. They were pretty good on dry pavement, but the wet stuff was scary at times.

·
Registered
680 Posts
63,000 now with the stock 17's still rollin'. I've been easy on them overall. The tread depth is down to about 2/32", so I will be replacing them very soon.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Mine lasted about 20,000 miles. The rears are now bald, and the fronts are heat cycled so bad I think they are plastic now.

·
Registered
567 Posts
~33000 on mine before they were replaced with the Proxes 4's. And they were done too...another 1000 miles and they would have been ready to be used as slicks....yikes.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
~33000 on mine before they were replaced with the Proxes 4's. And they were done too...another 1000 miles and they would have been ready to be used as slicks....yikes.
[/b]
nothing wrong with slicks... take em on the road and roast em up good!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Mine lasted about 20,000 miles. The rears are now bald, and the fronts are heat cycled so bad I think they are plastic now.
[/b]
But Paul, you drive like there is no tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well not really, I don't ussually go faster than the posted limit. I just don't slow down for turns. LOL.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Well not really, I don't ussually go faster than the posted limit. I just don't slow down for turns. LOL.
[/b]
well that could definitely be the reasoning for premature balding haha! I'm surprised mine have lasted 20k and still have about half the tread life left. I don't drive to crazy, but I am not conservative in any way either.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well to be honest, I'm also running a custom alignment. I have the rear at full negative camber, and about 1/4" toed out. My front toe is set at 0. If I could adjust my front camber I'd do that too.

EDIT: If I'm not careful the car will do a complete 180 making right turns over 40kph. but it's great for autoX

·
Registered
160 Posts
[/b]
To long... I could not wait for my tires to wear out. The stock tires on the Mazda6 are good for nothing. So this is what I did to get rid of them fast :seeya:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts