Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my coilovers and am still inexperienced when it comes to working on cars. With that being said, how long did it take you guys to install coilovers on the 3rd gen Mazda 6? Also, were there any complications or issues during the installation?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have an alignment shop handy? You cant just throw them on and start driving.
Yeah i have an alignment shop in mind and I'm setting up an appointment to get the car aligned after the coilovers and rear camber arms are installed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Are you planning on doing this in your driveway? It's all about the tools.

Watch some youtube clips so you'll be prepared and have what you need. It's reasonably straight forward. You shouldn't really run into any problems. Be sure and have a torque wrench and know what each nut/bolt torque value is.

Will take a rookie about 3-5 hours taking your time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you planning on doing this in your driveway? It's all about the tools.

Watch some youtube clips so you'll be prepared and have what you need. It's reasonably straight forward. You shouldn't really run into any problems. Be sure and have a torque wrench and know what each nut/bolt torque value is.

Will take a rookie about 3-5 hours taking your time.
Yes driveway/garage. Thanks, that's good to know, I hope to do it within that amount of time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is very easy on our cars. Took me about 2hrs to do all 4 and that's replacing springs on stock struts. There are a few writeup on here that a good. Follow those and it will be easy. For jacking the car up I ordered a pinch weld adapter for my floor jack. Always use jack stands also

·
Registered
142 Posts
I second the recommendations for checking torque on every nut and bolt with a torque wrench. Go by the factory torque specs and use new hardware where required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts