Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an 03 6s with 133K miles. ran great until about 125K when i got a CEL (P2135 and P2110). sounds like the all too familiar TB issue i've seen others have, but i'm not 100% sure, since i didn't experience problems until well after the 100K mark. when the car acts up, i just turn it off, then back on and it's good to go. last weekend the battery went dead and i replaced it. also realized it was time for my annual vehicle inspection. took it in, and they were willing to inspect it even with the CEL. my inspection ultimately failed because 4 of my sensors had not yet rest (Catalyst, Evap, O2 Sens, and EGR). they explained that since i had just replaced the battery, that i'd have to drive it a bit and run it thru a drive cycle to reset the codes. they estimated about 50 miles. i've been back twice now. the first time at just over the 78 mile mark. and the 2nd at about 111 miles. both times the same sensors read "NOT READY". and unfortunately, each time, the guy at the inspection place reset my codes "for me". i know they're getting tired of seeing me. and granted, they're connection me for free each time i've come in to see if the sensors are "READY" but how long does it take for those codes to run thru a drive cyle and read "READY"? do i possibly have another mechanical/electrical problem. or could my potential TB issue be causing the codes not to read? or, do i just need to drive it longer? any advice would be helpful :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts